PDA

View Full Version : ZELDA OOT - texture issues (SIZE)

magnus_vedin
March 31st, 2006, 23:33
Hey ya'll!
I've got an issue with the HiRes textures.
I've been dumping and editing a few textures here and there and ocationally I run up with some textures that doesn't seem to work if I increase the size.
Is there some videosetting or something, causing this problem?
If not, what's the deal with HiRes textures if some of them can't be higher res than normal?
I am using Rice VideoPlug 6.1.1 beta10.
Over and out.

M[u]ddy
March 31st, 2006, 23:43
If you make your images lager, the new image must be exactly 2, 3 or 4 times bigger than the original one.
Sometime the plugin names the textures wrong( even if some people around here don't believe it). If thats the case use the debug version of rices' plugin for dumping the textures.

magnus_vedin
March 31st, 2006, 23:55
Thanks, but that's not the problem.
When I've dumped the textures, I check if it's right with the HUE controll in photoshop and display it in the game.
So I have the right textures for sure, but I can't increase the size on some of them, and when I increase the size, it's either 2, 3 or 4 times bigger than original. That's why I figure there might be something wrong with my videoplugin settings.

Kerber2k
April 1st, 2006, 00:54
4X 32bit png files...anything else wont load.

tailslol
April 1st, 2006, 11:10
it will be cool to find a retexture tutorial 4 the texture name,size,layer ant format(ready to go for retexturing)

magnus_vedin
April 1st, 2006, 17:07
yeah, that'd be awesome