What's new

Not enough Memory for jump table, HELP ME!

jelun005

Hi everyone!
When I start my project 64k, an error message appear:

Not enough memory for jump table

and then

Failed to allocate Memory

I have read forums about this but nothing works, please help me!:(

Last edited:
OP
J

jelun005

I have a lot of memory. My brother has the same computer as me and it works for him. We got the same free memory when we are trying to start Project 64k, but it only works for him. What is wrong?

OP
J

jelun005

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Computer:
Intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHZ
2.80GHZ, 224 MB RAM

I hope this will help you.

MooglyTwo

224 megs, running Windows XP? Wow, that's a seriously crappy amount of RAM. I don't know who told you that that's a lot, but you must be really gullible.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
watch your mouth moogly.

windows xp can run perfectly well on 128mbs of memory, and i would know becoz im the one that did it.

Mouser X

My brother got WinXP to run off of an install that took up about 300-400mb of harddrive space. Considering that it usually takes nearly a gig, I'd say that's pretty good. However, he apparently removed some essential software, since he couldn't install, or uninstall, anything, including additional hardware, or software... He got it running in a much more useable manner at about 500mb. Though, that machine got fried (I think the power supply went bad), so he lost that install. He hasn't bothered to cut down on WinXP's install since then, so he's not to sure what you can remove without it not working anymore. Though, I suppose with the way HDDs are these days, 300-500mb isn't as big of a deal anymore as it once was. Mouser X out.

OP
J

jelun005

Operative: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, build 2600)
Language: Swedish (National settings: Swedish)
System manufacture: Acer
System model: AP F1b
Bios: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Professor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 224MB RAM
(växlingsfil) :256MB in use, 289 MB is available
DirectX-version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Scren: (flap number 3)
Entity
Name: SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 series
Manufacture:
Circuit type: SiS 661FX Rev 01
DAC-type: Internal
estimated total memory: 32.0 MB
Current screen mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Screen: standard screen

I hope the translation is correct.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sis has nothing to do with the memory problem. You shouldn't be running XP with that little amount of RAM let alone run games or emulators.
The graphics card may cause glitchy games because it's old and bad, though, if you get the emulator running.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Doomulation said:
Sis has nothing to do with the memory problem. You shouldn't be running XP with that little amount of RAM let alone run games or emulators.
The graphics card may cause glitchy games because it's old and bad, though, if you get the emulator running.
Well since the SiS in and intergrated chip, it shares RAM. So it isn't exactly alleviating the problem either.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Doomulation said:

has nothing to do with memory

anything loaded into memory is dumped off into the pagefile when a memory aggressive application is loaded.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
squall_leonhart said:
has nothing to do with memory

anything loaded into memory is dumped off into the pagefile when a memory aggressive application is loaded.
Has everything to do with memory. While I may not know the inner workings of Windows, such little amount of RAM is just a killer. How much must Windows unload into the page file?
Also note that while Windows increases the page file, some applications may be denied memory. In any case, the memory is certainly a bottleneck, though I haven't stated it is the source of the problem.
Nevertheless, running Pj on a machine with such little memory is nothing sort of disaster.