What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Wrong texture names?!

M[u]ddy

Some of my ripped textures are named wrong.
For example this texture is named "PAPER MARIO#B71D5044#0#2_all.png"
though it should be "PAPER MARIO#26D67033#0#2_all.png"
papermariob71d504402all7ub.png

Any ideas?

Vanit

What told you it should be the second one? The texture names are never 'wrong'. Its the fact that there are different versions of the rom, and that each different rom has a different name for each texture. That is why its important that everyone uses the right roms. These roms are called 'good roms', which are the standard of roms used as a base for hacking, and packs like these. You'll need to do some googling to find a utility that can tell you if your rom is the right one.

OP
M

M[u]ddy

It is a good rom and I dumbed the textures by myself.
When I tried to use them, nothing happend.
Then I renamed them as they where named in another Texture Pack and suddenly everything worked fine.

Vanit

Have you been able to load textures for any other games? It could be you simply don't have them enabled. Additionally they may not be loading because you edited them wrong.

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
maybe that's happening with me!
Since turok 2 project, I can't retexture any other game... the hi-res textures dont load.

OP
M

M[u]ddy

Vanit said:
Have you been able to load textures for any other games?
It's the same in every game. Some are named right, some not.
Vanit said:
It could be you simply don't have them enabled.
The "load hi-res textures if available" option is enabled.
Vanit said:
Additionally they may not be loading because you edited them wrong.
But why are they loading, after I changed the name, then?

Edit:
I've found a way to fix my problem.
The debugger version dumbs with correct names.

Last edited: