What's new

Help me, i have a question

OP
T

Thechea

uh lemme see...

I have the latest Direct X

I don't know what graphics card i'm using

my computer is a Dimension Dell 2400...It's worked before, so i don't know why it's not working now.

I think my specs are:

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Last edited:

Darth Killer

But who may I be ???
You have a PentiumIV, good, but you say you don't know what your graphic card is. If it is only a ship having the power of a Pentium IV is useless ;)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Goto Start --> Run, type dxdiag and press Enter. The DirectX Diagnostics Tool pops up. Click on the Display tab and tell me what the program says in the Device box.

OP
T

Thechea

okay it says this:

Name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip Type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller

DAC Type: Internal

Approx. Total Memory: 64.0 MB

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
Thechea said:
okay it says this:

Name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip Type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller

DAC Type: Internal

Approx. Total Memory: 64.0 MB

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

them damb intel graphics again do us all a favor go buy a good gfx card like a ati or something of that nature:bouncy: :ranting: :pj64: rocks

Hunk_4TH

It's thinking.....
lol, oh yea defintley those intel intergraphics are horrible pretty much all intergrated graphics are :D yes :pj64: does rock indeed :bouncy:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Congratulations, you have a subpar graphics chip in an otherwise fairly good computer. Talk about destryoying your chances of playing games.

Get a good video card.

flowrent

It should work even with an onboard card.
I played a lot of pj64 with my former 32 mb onboard video card.

Crizzle

Thechea said:
nope none, it's a retarded computer

LOL. I guess so if Dell really took out the expansion slot(s?). Did they really though and if yes why would they do such a thing?

Are you sure you know what an AGP or PCIE slot looks like?

OP
T

Thechea

I'm positive, my friend came over to give me a better graphics card and said i have no PGI slot

Clements

Probably no AGP slot. You do at least have PCI slots if you are using a desktop PC, since every motherboard around today does - normally they up to five.

OP
T

Thechea

Clements said:
Probably no AGP slot. You do at least have PCI slots if you are using a desktop PC, since every motherboard around today does.

oh, whatever...is the graphics my problem? cause i've not had this problem in the past on the same computer

Clements

Yes. Intel makes some of the worst graphics chips money can buy. Only their GMA 900/950 are moderately usable with PJ64 and it's most current plugins.

The Extreme range (like you have) is only DX6 compliant, slower than a GeForce 2 MX, and can't handle Jabo's D3D8, so use the older D3D6 plugin.