PDA

View Full Version : Chankast/DVD43 conflict

jaxon
February 15th, 2006, 04:58
Hello, this is my first post, and I would like to express how impressed I am with Chankast. I own a Dreamcast and was looking for a portable solution. Before buying a TV tuner for my laptop, I decided to check up on the DC emulation scene. And it's coming along very nicely!!!

***Ok, a tip to anyone who has DVD43 installed: make sure you close DVD43 before you load a disc image into Alcohol or Daemon Tools. If not, then Chankast will incorrectly read the disc image. DVD43 is a tool that automatically removes dvd copy protection. I have no clue why the two programs would conflict, but they just do.

2shoes
March 26th, 2006, 01:10
I have had the same issue as jaxxon and it caused me a considerable amount of time wasting. I was able to run games from CDs but not from images.

DVD43 is a program that eliminates security from CD/DVDs so that backups can be made. By the way it is legal to own a backup of your own CDs :sombrero:.

Anyway DVD43 interferes with DAEMON tools because it causes the wrong track to be loaded from the game image (I think that's what happens).
I think that this information should be included in the F.A.Q. (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20636) to save other people from commiting the same error.

As jaxxon said, DVD43 must be closed when using DAEMON tools to load an image. I permanently disabled it from starting up using the Startup list modifier in "Spybot Search & Destroy" (Tools > System Startup > DVD43 [untick]).