What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Hi-res pack for Master Quest (E) [h1c] and (f1) roms

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
Well, as some of you may know, Master Quest (E) [h1c] and (f1) roms do not work with federelli's zelda hi-res texture pack because their internal name is ZELDA MASTER QUEST while all the others are THE LEGEND OF ZELDA. I have edited the names of every file in the pack to make it compatable with these 2 roms. I mostly did this for myself, because i have this rom and wanted to use the pack, but i decided to post it so no one has to do all this renaming crap ever again. Trust me, it's a pain in the ass. I haven't fully tested it yet, so if there is any problems, tell me and i can probably fix it. I just hope this pack is helpful to someone. Also,you should thank clements, he thought of it, i just did all the work. Oh yeah, these are 5MB split rar files, so you need winrar, then just download them all and extract them to your hi-res folder. Enjoy!

View attachment 30431
View attachment 30432
View attachment 30433
View attachment 30434
View attachment 30435
View attachment 30436

Perceval

Perceval from Hyrule
Weird feeling of reality !! :)

Hello there !:watsup:

i'm all new on this forum, also I didn't know anything about these hi-res projects up to... yesterday !
It's really great what you've done on Zelda !!!! :chef: :cool:
Keep going on this, it's a new life to our old games ! And a new birth for my fav games such as Zelda :w00t:

One last question : what about "legality" of these retexturing ? I mean, all contents of a game are copyrighted, and may Nintendo dislike this ?? Also, I can use -but only for my personal use- the dumped textures and even the new textures to mkae nice scenes on 3ds max :)

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
legend of zelda said:
I have edited the names of every file in the pack to make it compatable with these 2 roms. I mostly did this for myself, because i have this rom and wanted to use the pack, but i decided to post it so no one has to do all this renaming crap ever again. Trust me, it's a pain in the ass

LOL, a pain in the ass? it just taked me less than 1 minute to rename them all. If you guys want to also use Djipi's pack for these ROMS just download this little tool, is for renaming the files:

http://www.nonags.com/nonags/fileren.html

Check the proggie options and there's one option called something like "recurse all subdirectories" and enable it. Select the Dijipi's rextexture directory and replace "The Legend of Zelda" for "Master Quest" in all files (don't replace the file number) and it's ready. You also have Djipi's for these ROMS!

I also give credit to Clements for the idea!

Last edited:
OP
legend of zelda

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
t0rek said:
LOL, a pain in the ass? it just taked me less than 1 minute to rename them all.

Yeah, i suppose it's not that hard to rename all the files, but the renaming tool i used sucks, that's why it was a pain in the ass. Also, i forgot to mention that i did this because a lot of people don't know how to do this correctly, and it just makes their lives easier. and i suppose i could do djipi's pack, but it's so huge i'd have to split it into like 15 seperate 8MB files, because the max size for posting .rar files is 8MB. But if i did, would anyone want it? I don't want to waste my time making it if no one wants it, because i'm not even going to use it. But, if anyone does want it, just say so and i'll make it.