What's new

Emulation woes

Apollo

Hello,

I've looked high and low, and still not found a solution to my problem. So I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on this matter.

I'm using (trying to use) UltraHLE emulator, yet if I try to run it as per normal, I get the 'unable to locate glide2x.dll'.

So I find out that I need a 'Glide Wrapper' as I am not using a 3dfx card. When I try to use these, UltraHLE now has a glide2x.dll to be content with, yet no windows come up. UltraHLE simply becomes a background application showing no windows, chewing up my CPU-usage.

My main goal is to get Zelda64 running... My pc is very capable and I'm using an ATI Radeon 8500 on WinXP.

Thanks in advance for any help in the matter.
- James

conkerman

conkerman
if u want to use zelda, id recommend pj64. uhle is good, but its got some problems, especially if u r using a wrapper. pj64 doesnt need a wrapper and it has savestates and is more configurable than ultrahle
conkerman

OP
Apollo

Apollo

Thanks for your reply mate,

I've tried many-an-emulator, and with pj1.3 and pj1.4, other roms are ok, but zelda ones return a 'Not enough memory for rom'

No idea on that error, I have more than enough RAM

- James

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
apollo, please post ur complete (relevant) system specs.

-make sure ur rom is a good rom, verified with GoodN64

-another great emulator to try is 1964

have fun :)

OP
Apollo

Apollo

Relavant specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon 1Ghz,
512MB Ram at 133MHz,
ATI Radeon 8500 (64MB) AGP,
Plenty of HD space.

This is why I am confused when I hear that UltraHLE is the best Emulator out there, especially for zelda64, when I'm getting the 'Not enough memory for rom' error. I have multiple copies of the zelda64 rom, so would have thought one would be alright, although I have not validated with with that URL of yours, cheers, I'll try that.

This is all in effort so that I don't want to have bring my N64 up here.

Cheers,
- James

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Apollo said:

This is why I am confused when I hear that UltraHLE is the best Emulator out there

not anymore, m8.

UHLE used to be the best, when it was the only n64 emulator.

now, the choices that u should be considering is pj64, 1964 and nemu(dont try zelda with this one). and because of ur name and good specs, u might wanna try apollo.

for the three recommended emulators, u would need plugins from this site.

:pj64::1964::nemu::apollo:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
this may be coincidence but haven't there been a few people in the last few days posting "not enough memory..." errors with Radeon8500s? hmm. a lot of ATI drivers are dodgy might want to check that.

OP
Apollo

Apollo

Cheers for the replies guys.

Well, 1964 will play the roms, yet the graphic emulation is all over the shop. I can't use that, or perhaps I need a better plugin?

With PJ64 (1.4 and 1.3), I get the same 'Not enough memory for rom' errors. I'm leaning towards ATI driver-issues here too, seeing as I've had quite a few problems with other games on the graphical side of things.

I'm not too certain what can be done with regards to my card though - I have their (supposedly) latest driver for this card.

- James

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Copy the JaboD3D6.DLL file and/or the JaboD3D7.DLL file from the Project 64 plugins folder to the 1964 plugins folder. If you don't know how to do this, then I recommend installing 1964 in the same location as Project 64 OR installed Project 64 in the same location as 1964. The latter option is a bit messy as far as your files are concerned.

TRS

When using Uhle make sure there are no spaces in the pathname. If there's a space somewhere in the path, Uhle won't start properly.

OP
Apollo

Apollo

Cheers Azimur!

Your sound plugin, once I selected it, works very nicely in 1964, and since I copied across the plugin, Zelda64 opens and runs beautifully. ( I found out I downloaded the spanish version.. )

All I need to do now is figure out how to select my gamepad as an input device to the emulator.

Cheers for your help Azimur, I appreciate it.
- James

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Apollo said:
Cheers Azimur!

Your sound plugin, once I selected it, works very nicely in 1964, and since I copied across the plugin, Zelda64 opens and runs beautifully. ( I found out I downloaded the spanish version.. )

All I need to do now is figure out how to select my gamepad as an input device to the emulator.

Cheers for your help Azimur, I appreciate it.
- James
This is very easy. In NRage's input, which I recommend, you the following:

Just open the input configuration (not too hard, you know how to do that, right?).
Then, under the first controller tab, goto "input devices". Select your gamepad from the list there.
Go back to the first tab where you set the keys.
Click on the button you want to set and then the button on the controller. Then it's set!
Repeat with the rest of the keys.

OP
Apollo

Apollo

Er, Azimer, even.

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. Now I can play Zelda64 again without having to bring up my N64 to University.

Cheers,
- James

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Apollo said:
Relavant specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon 1Ghz,
512MB Ram at 133MHz,
Plenty of HD space.

I'm getting the 'Not enough memory for rom' error. I have multiple copies of the zelda64 rom,

My specs are as follows:
Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon XP 1800+,
Asus A7M266 DDR (Socket A Motherboard)
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
512MB DDR at 133Mhz
80Gb HD space.

I dont have this 'Not enough memory for rom' error.
that you & others have reported !

But i do have that Brown Box Around the Moon in the Intro. on Pj64.
I had a ATI All in Woner before this one, & the GFX were Perfect !
after updating the Drivers.
I have just updated to the lastest Drivers,
but as yet the GFX are still the same on the 8500.
Lets hope they get it right soon.

EDIT: I have just Used the New Beta DriversWXP-766-04-020129X-2545E.EXE
& all round performance is fantastic :)

Last edited:

gokuss4

Meh...
in 1964 zelda doesn't show up for me at all ??? even with jabo's direct3d6 or ed7 1.4 devices but i hear sound.

OP
Apollo

Apollo

You'll need to be getting the latest video dll. Then all will be good :) It's all I was told I needed to do.

I'll try and attach it here.

Then all you do is make sure it's selected as the active video plugin, and you're rollin.

- J

distribution of parts of archive not allowed - Smiff