What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask

ChimouJ

I want to take a texture I designed for Ocarina of Time and put it in Majora's Mask. I have a few problems with this.

1. Do I need to do anything different with the file size or dimensions?
2. What is the name code I need to use?

Here is the file I want to use in Majora's Mask to replace the default Hero's Shield texture.

Note: To those who are using my Hero's Shield texture in OoT--which I'm sure no one is--this is an updated version. Just did it an hour ago.

Tjalian

You just need to find the texture name for the MM shield, re-name it, and put it in the Majoras Mask Folder.

Done.

OP
C

ChimouJ

Thanks, but it doesn't load. Do I have to make hires_textures\ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK\Characters\Link? Do the folders serve a purpose other then organization?

El Kameleon

as long as its in this base folder: hires_textures\Zelda Majora's Mask\
the other folders just serve as organization, as you said. I got it to load just fine, looks good too. good work!

OP
C

ChimouJ

Thanks! I'll keep trying to make it work. Is there any reason why it would be this tempermental?

OP
C

ChimouJ

I did notice something... Maybe this is intentional, but I don't know the reasoning.

You have them named this way:
Top: ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#FF7345AF#2#1#51CE4ACD_ciByRGBA
Bottom: ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#BECE4D20#2#1#51CE4ACD_ciByRGBA

While the dump folder has them named differently:
Top: ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#FF7345AF#2#1_ci
Bottom: ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#BECE4D20#2#1_ci

I don't know why people use "ciByRGBA", but I did see it used int the OoT texture packs, so I'm used to those. I don't, however, know why you added in extra code.

El Kameleon

I didnt add the extra code :p thats the ones that were edited. you only need to worry about 3 folders, the other you leave alone, cause they basically dont do anything. the ones you need to worry about are:

ci_by_png
png_all
png_by_rgb_a

and most of the time you dont even need to worry about the png_by_rgb_a folder, cause thats just a alpha and color version of the textures in the png_all folder. but it is a good reference to see how the alphas were done.

OP
C

ChimouJ

So...

Uhh...

Do I need to put the shield textures in "hires_textures\ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK\ci_by_png"?

El Kameleon

no no no :p those folders are the only ones you need to worry about as far as dumped textures, on ly take textures from those folders, but as far as applying the textures, they need to be in "hires_textures\Zelda Majora's Mask\" and yes, make sure that "Zelda Majora's Mask" is exactly like that, capitalization and all. as long as it in that folder, it should work just fine. you do know you have to add an alpha channel to all your created textures, right? all the files need to be 32-bit textures.