What's new

hey I'm afraid with my monitor :( heeeelp mee

Miretank

Lurking
about 2 or 3 days ago, my monitor is weird... the screen is oscillating, trembling a bit. I thought it is normal, but annoying. Then, today, again it started to oscillated, and I'm getting worried. what could be the problem?

I went to the manual support and saw two things, the first about magnetic objects around that may cause this, and the monitor frequency Hz. I don't have anythinh like this around the monitor and I ALWAYS used the 60 Hz one, but then I settled to 75 and it stopped to tremble (till now), but the screen is a bit darker than before. Well, i'm wondering if someone could take out from my head the idea that my 8 months-old monitor is dying :plain: i know that if it is so, I'll be without monitor for a loooong time..

edit: it started again when I opened winamp and y'z dock bar. I use winamp docked at the top of the screen. has it some relation?

Last edited:

minkster

Hmm...my monitor never oscillated before. But I do know that mine got increasingly darker when I accidently exposed it for the sun too long. Make sure you keep it away from a window or else you could damage it in some sort of way. As for the trembling stuff, I really don't know what that is caused from.

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
thanks, but i've already tried degaussing a few times. seems to work, but when I'm not expecting, the screen trembles again (there's no time to oscillate, it already trembled when I turned on the pc, and till now, it did not tremble). i was thinking about energy lack, since my nobreak is not good and here in my house we have some probs with energy current. but i'm wondering if it is something to get desperate (as i'm now :( )

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
nope.
note: i'm 2 hrs and some min without the oscillation, after the last degaussing. however i'm not using any other prog (except y'z dock). i'm feeling stupid saying "however", i do not think the oscillation has relation with my progs..

dukenukem

lord freiza
if the screen gets cut off and stretched out and does it randomly the monitor is dying,i know beacuse that's what my last 2 crt monitors did before they died.

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
if "gets cut off and stretched out" means that the screen trembles and decreases a bit, then it stretches out a bit, you gave one of the worst news in the last 8 months for me :(
/me starts to cry and crashes my head onto the wall
but why? why? i dont want lose it! why this is happening? i always treated this monitor like a king!
buy a new monitor huh? byebye Geforce 6600...

dukenukem

lord freiza
There's nothing you can do as when it starts doing that it's going to die,did you buy that monitor used or brand new?

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
brand new, on the box, 8 month old...
since my last post (or about 8 hours), it did not tremble.. but i'm getting conformed with its funeral... but hey duke, how many days/months did your screens hang on before it broke completely?

smcd

Mine's been cutting out (going black, i have to smack it a few times) for around a year now.

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
hmm, and seems you do not get desperate about this :) thanks seth, i'll try to hang it on.
but it started to oscillate right now, just a little, but it trembled.
i'm turned on about 10 hrs I think :plain:

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Er, what do you mean by "tremble" and "oscillate"? Is it vertical motion or horizontal, the whole screen, or just edges etc?

Also, what model is your monitor? I've had some problems with some aperture grille CRTs, a 9-year old 15" Sony 100sx that has now had edge bleeding problems (brightness bleeding in from the left side) for 5-6 years now (once in a while I boot my P133, hehe). My monitors have never died, they just continue to have their annoyances for a long time :/

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
hmm, the edge of the right side trembles a bit sometimes ( horizontally) and the screen stretches and decreases ( or "cut off" as duke said). i also noticed that the sceen get a bit darker at the moments when "cuts off", and lighter when stretches out. I can say that the tremble affects the whole screen, but it starts on the right edge of it.

About the model, its a 17" LG 710S, and it is just 8 months old. so, also you zAlbee hangs with a problematic monitor? maybe I just need to learn how to live in peace with my troublesome screen.. (till it stops to work forever :( )

dukenukem

lord freiza
Since you said you bought it brand new how long is the warranty for? hell both my monitors didn't last long when they started doing this stuff.

Jakob

evil *******
heh, I know exactly what broke inside his monitor:D if only I could remember the damned term eh? Anyways, return it to the manufacturer, with a photocopy of the receipt(to prove the date you purchased it) and they should replace or fix it

[EDIT]One small possibility, on some rare occasions(it happened to me once) the location of your monitor in a room could be the culprit, it was quite strange as the monitor did the same things you are describing, yet the problems vanished when I simply moved the monitor to where it had been before, I never did figure out what the hell was going on, but it's worth checking out as it's easy to do[/EDIT]

Last edited:
OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
thanks all for the support :)
i'm really happy cause i've found the warranty document of all my stuff. It says I have 6 months of warranty for the cpu hardware (already expired, but the pc itself is a-ok) and 3 years for the monitor. I'll seek for store I bought the pc, and we'll see the best way to solve my prob ( change the monitor, i think ;) )

@pAsSiVe: hmm, but it does happen after months of use? as I said before, *I THINK* I have lack of energy, and simply moving the monitor to another, could it solve my prob? I'll try your idea, thanks. ah, and if you remember what could be broken, please tell us ;)

but, they must change the monitor even if it break completely huh? (i mean, don't work AT ALL)