What's new

donkey kong 64 !??

jaffa_sinas

First of all; thank god dk64 is finally working :D ..
I've downloaded the new RDB from smiff and dk64 is finally working quite good..
The game runs smoothly but in some places in the game it goes too fast!!! Like when you launch Dk in the barrels it goes 2 fast.. At another place it launches Dk but Dk falls back without entering the barrel. :cry:
how can i solve this??? fisrt of all can this be solved??
becuz if you don't do the "Dk barrel" levels u can't unlock the Lama! (level 2!??) So can somebody plz help me??

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
hmm... can't help you there..
maybe you should switch to interpreter for that part.

OP
jaffa_sinas

jaffa_sinas

for every1 who reply's thnx.. but i can't read now cuz i got to sleep.. late here in europe.. thnx anyway

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
lol, hell yea late here too 00:15 to be exact.

i'm gonna catch a few Z's myself if nobody will solve this by tomorrow i think i have an idea..

OP
jaffa_sinas

jaffa_sinas

seems to me that i'm the only one replying to myself :D
well. i've been reading al those other threads and there were 2 other threads with the same problem discussed.. not solved..
so can someone plz help me here??????

i can't resume the game cuz i need to free lanky ???

dolarsrg

it can't be solved

That problem cannot still be solved. The only well-known way is to use the Recompiler, but sincerely, that does not work either .???

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
hi again,
if speed is your problem, just set copy dlist/buffers.
if it is still too fast use Reference Rasterizer (there is no way THAT would go fast even if you have an itanium 4000Mhz, not to mention a crappy athlon1.2Ghz)

EDIT:
BTW any reason you're name is called after a city in israel?

Last edited:

mantis

oh the hell! Can anyone tell me how to upload a 2.4 meg file to this site?. anyway, here is some medicine:
"I wrote last week that the major problem with donkey kong 64 u.s. is the unplayable barrel-blast mini game on the stage angry aztec.The consequence of this is that the player cannot free the character Lanky Kong in the game( according to the walkthrough made by Flowerpot on gamefaqs.com) .I managed to solve the problem with a cheat imported from 1964 cheat database.
Enter the gameshark code 8074E77C-0002 .You will not immediately turn to be Lanky Kong ,first you have to walk through the main blue gate of any level or do something familiar.After changing don’t forget to turn off the cheat code"

mantis

oh the hell! Can anyone tell me how to upload a 2.4 meg file to this site?. anyway, here is some medicine:
"I wrote last week that the major problem with donkey kong 64 u.s. is the unplayable barrel-blast mini game on the stage angry aztec.The consequence of this is that the player cannot free the character Lanky Kong in the game( according to the walkthrough made by Flowerpot on gamefaqs.com) .I managed to solve the problem with a cheat imported from 1964 cheat database.
Enter the gameshark code 8074E77C-0002 .You will not immediately turn to be Lanky Kong ,first you have to walk through the main blue gate of any level or do something familiar.After changing don’t forget to turn off the cheat code"

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
mantis said:
oh the hell! Can anyone tell me how to upload a 2.4 meg file to this site

you can't, either upload it to a free web site, or upload a native n64 save(don't know if it will work though, cause i never played it and therefor i do not understand the situation)

mantis

I think that's too difficult for me, but I will try to send Angry aztec save state for anyone who can handle it.Make sure your mail folder has enough space.
A note: On level 3 the working-nonworking of the barrel mini game depends on the counter factor, only cf3 works
[email protected]

Allnatural

mantis said:
I think that's too difficult for me, but I will try to send Angry aztec save state for anyone who can handle it.Make sure your mail folder has enough space.
A note: On level 3 the working-nonworking of the barrel mini game depends on the counter factor, only cf3 works
You could upload the save to Smiff's FTP:

pj-ts.dynip.com guest/guest

I'm interested in what you said about the Barrel mini-game and its relation to the cf. Are you suggesting that you have managed to work through it without cheats?