What's new

Ollalala!! Pc better even at PS3 launch, check this out!!!

Branz_mf

Now that NVIDIA is coming up with a brand new superb Geforce FX 7800 GTX who will beat the Powerfull RSX from PS3 graphically, I hope now they decide to port games to pc. Not even ps3 will beat Pc at its arrival, Pc will always be better gaming platform even at ps3 launch.

But I'm concerned if there'll be games like ps3 games for pc.
Pc gaming seems to be dying for PS3 and Xbox360. (well, I think it's not time to discuss about this right now, I'll just wait to see this Superb 78000 in my hands and then compare).

Check this out, and see it yourself
http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7800.html

Any comments would be apreciated.

matthew

The Ps3 has more than just graphical power its absolutely rips current pc's the CPU = Cell Chip currently no cpu out there matches it. Also these blueray discs are a new technology not currently available to pcs. Suppose these things will change after the ps3 is release but regardless of what Nvidia plan as a graphic card maker Pcs won't be able to Match the PS3 just yet

Clements

Nope, the RSX is faster than this 7800 GTX card. See spec sheet below.

Also, to get the benefit of the GTX in games, you need to use a resolution higher than 1600x1200, since most PC games are tailored to much slower hardware. Anything less than 1600x1200 is CPU limitation.

Games for the PS3 will fully utilise the power of the RSX and that alone. The games should look better than anything available on PC.

Trotterwatch

I don't think you can really compare a console with custom architecture to a PC.

Regardless, competition is good for the consumer.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Trotterwatch said:
I don't think you can really compare a console with custom architecture to a PC.

Regardless, competition is good for the consumer.

Unfortunately, he's right. The PS3 has to work, the makers design it that way. Anything designed for the PS3 will work because its designed around its own architecture. On the other hand, PC components have to be made to be compatible with all the other hardware out there. PC's have a standard to follow where as Sony does not. This is why PCs are just now reaching 64 bit. It took them this long to standardize the 64 bit architecture. This is why you can't compare the two, were talking apples and oranges.

Miretank

Lurking
RSX has incredible numbers. It does not lose in any aspect for 7800. Who is making the RSX? Own Sony?
(or Clements made the list...hehehe, I'm just kidding :p )

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Since most games depend heavily upon the gfx card? I'd say there's a chance to actually meet the ps3 graphics at a decent resolution.

Eagle

aka Alshain
RJARRRPCGP said:
The GeForce 7800 GTX when OC'ed likely can keep up with the RSX.

And with as fast as Nvidia realeases new cards, it wont be long before there is one that overpowers it. PS3 wont be in the lead for long.

OP
B

Branz_mf

And with as fast as Nvidia realeases new cards, it wont be long before there is one that overpowers it. PS3 wont be in the lead for long.

You're a pc fanboy? I'm one too. Nvidia always make good cards.
I can't hardly wait to see new GForce still this year.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Branz_mf said:
You're a pc fanboy? I'm one too. Nvidia always make good cards.
I can't hardly wait to see new GForce still this year.

The last console I owned was an NES and that was second hand after SNES was released. I've never liked consoles.

jdsony

Developers will probably be able to get way more out of the RSX than the 7800 though that's for sure even if they were equal in power.

Interesting that ATI is claiming to get 100% efficiency with their new Xbox 360 video unlike the much poorer efficiency in PC's. It will be interesting to see who actually has more power though and how it compares.

PC technology always pulls ahead of console technology shortly after the release but even towards the end of the lifespan of a console you see effects that match or beat certain aspects of PC games. With Consoles your also getting different games. Comparing the Super NES to Computer games at the time is like Apples to Oranges. Sure the PC had 3D games or graphically advanced adventure games but you would be lucky to find 1 platform game that could even compare. Much was the same with the N64. Graphically it was more powerful for the first couple years because 3D accelerators were not out yet (the playstation was much like running a 3D game in software mode). When the PC caught up the game focus still wasn't the same. The 3D platformers the PC did have were mostly the crappy ones and the N64 exclusives were king. The PS2 and Xbox were barely better than PC's at the time of their release. Games like Halo and Rallisport Challenge were pretty impressive but came out a year or so later and could be run much higher than 640x480. This next generation is the first time we are going to see consoles surpass or equal the average resolution of PC games and the power gap will be bigger than last gen. I would guess 1024x768 is still the resolution an average PC gamer still uses. Xbox360 will be 1280x720 at least. Hardcore gamer's with cutting edge hardware usually run at 1600x1200 and PS3 is supposed to be minumum 1920x1080. The Xbox360 will also display 4x AA without a loss of speed which will make the resolution seem even higher.

All these advancements will likely improve PC gaming as well because the hardware will push to become better.

Last edited:

WhiteX

It was the same talk when this gen consoles were out, i grabbed Rune from the shelf and ran it on my old duron, then i saw that it was on ps2 as well, when games come out we will see them on pc as well, at first on the same resolutions and then PC will own them, as usual.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hmmmm... but if they would beat the this gen consoles, they would have to use an insane amount of raw power since the underlying architecture is ancient.

matthew

Doomulation said:
Hmmmm... but if they would beat the this gen consoles, they would have to use an insane amount of raw power since the underlying architecture is ancient.

The pc architecture is changing slowly 64bit however since 64bit is new in terms of pc technology consoles have the upper hand because everything from the ground up is designed to work with graphics only. Which explains why Only the best pc games even to this date can only just manage to topple an Xbox or PS2 game. Also its unfair to really compare a multipurpose computer to a games machine designed in every way to push out graphics and games.
I mean the PC's first hurdle seems to be the Operating system just that fact that Games run on top of an OS makes it inherently slower. Its just not comparable especially when you take into account a Console on roughly costs
300-400 pounds on official launch whereas a top spec pc that can Push out graphics better than a console costs 1000 upwards.
People can prefer whatever they wish but why compare a console to a PC at all