What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Texture alignment

Theboy

Hi Again.

I have looked all over for the answer, does anyone know why textures don't line up properly in N64 emulation? I can really notice it in Mario Kart 64. (the character pictures)

I like what has been going on with SSB and the Hi-res packs. I just find it annoying that the character select screen has texture alignment issues.(I'm a perfectionist) Is it just me or does this happen to everyone?

I'm going to download UltraHLE and see if the problem occurred back then too.
From what I remember I think it was all right.

Thanks in advance for any explanations. :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Emulation isn't and will never be perfect, as for the Hi-Res packs possible texture alignment issues can be cased by the altered textures being madly made.

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
I have the answer for you. Whether it's the n64 itself or the emulation, I do not know. When there are small textures that are squished together to make a larger one, there is often a one pixel overlap between them. When you scale them up 4x then there is a 4 pixel overlap. Some examples are the picture on the castle in SM64 and the player selection screen of SSB.
I have fixed both these examples. There is still a overlap at the bottom of the SSB selection screen, but it isn't very noticible.

OP
Theboy

Theboy

Mojo Man!!! You are a god!!

Thank you for making SSB just a little more perfect.
You should get this updated into the SSB pack.. :)
And you sould pass this to all the other people who texture. :)