What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Radeon 9700 Pro and video abnormalties

snoops

For some reason, I'm having issues with the Rice plugin and my ATI Radeon 9700 Pro.

At times, I see
1) white lines between polygons
2) black lines on the screen
3) game awkwardness with the game slowing down but still staying at a high FPS

OpenGL fixes these issues but crashes after 30 seconds.

What are the ideal setting for my video card?

Last edited:

Cybertronic

Dude....

nvidia.jpg

Trotterwatch

Not at all helpful.....

With Rices ensure that SW T&L is selected in the settings when using Direct X and that you select the Pixel Shader combiner. For GL ensure the Fragment shader combiner is selected.

Hopefully that'll help.

Glenbo

Banned
well im runnin a radeon 9800 pro...and have no problems so it aint a ati thing...more like a bad driver thing...nvidea sucks btw...wouldnt touch it with a barge pole these days...ati is the card to have...and i can say that...cos im in the position to have either...ive tried top end cards of both...and ati is the way it was meant to be played.:)

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Glenbo said:
well im runnin a radeon 9800 pro...and have no problems so it aint a ati thing...more like a bad driver thing...nvidea sucks btw...wouldnt touch it with a barge pole these days...ati is the card to have...and i can say that...cos im in the position to have either...ive tried top end cards of both...and ati is the way it was meant to be played.:)

I'm quite happy with my Nvidia card. ;)

OP
S

snoops

I found the source of my problem: 1964 seems to work a lot better with these new textures than Project 64.

Only thing: 1964 either runs too fast (without fps limit) or (with the fps limit) the sound pops and the frame rate is inconsistent. Can someone help me optimize 1964 for a highres OOT texture pack and a Radeon 9700?

Last edited: