What's new

Extracting Images

MrSeagull

Is it possible to extract images and textures from a N64 rom file? I'm prety sure it was with SNES roms. The reason why i'm asking is because I'm helping with textures for a friend of mine, he's creating a zelda map for quake. It's really hard to do with screenshots, since I can't get even shots most of the time

Shapyi

Use Daedalus (with internal video). Just open the debugger while Zelda is running and type 'dump textures' and when you are done 'nodump textures'.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Texture is only one component to coloring in the model. Other components are Environment Color, Shade Color (lighting), Primitive Color, and others. These combined in various combiner equations give you the desired color output. That is why the textures look greenish. Perhaps they are really just emphasizing the green component for lighting... or perhaps missing the R and B components due to a primitive color addition mode. The possibilities are endless.

Cyberman

MrSeagull said:
Argh, their discolored.. like greenish. I guess I'll stick to screenshots :(

Ummm.. How about adjusting the color?
You know you can do that, just use a nice application like graphics workshop of photoshop and you can change the hue of the texture, then save it and poof it looks right.

Cyb

OP
M

MrSeagull

I know I can change the colors, but I didnt think I needed to do that.
Plus Daedelus is agrrivating me. I hate having to change my controls every time I load it, and in order to get the textures I want, I have to play through it, and I'm somwhat on a schedual.

Cyberman

MrSeagull said:
I know I can change the colors, but I didnt think I needed to do that.
Plus Daedelus is agrrivating me. I hate having to change my controls every time I load it, and in order to get the textures I want, I have to play through it, and I'm somwhat on a schedual.

Doesn't daedalus come with source? you can fix the controller bug and then you can also add some hue changing code. IE before you dump the texture you can examine it's colors etc. Then dump it with the right ones.

Cyb

jelloGnome

Is there any way to open PJ64 save states with Daedalus? Also, is there some way to dump the models as well? In the debugger you can see the number of vertices and the triangles but not the actual coordinates of them.

Mayco

I know there is a way to do it with Nemu 0.7. there is a HIDDEN checkbox in the graphic-plugin options screen that is disabled (i don't know wich one). Use a program that can enabled and SHOW it (magical mouse) or resource hack it (resource hacker). You can also do it by the registery i think. Load your game and you will have a bunch of textures in a additional window. I don't know if they are all of the textures.

Last edited:

Mayco

I attatched the hacked nemu 0.7 video plugin with all the options (include textures & also some other) visible (you only have to cross the checkboxes)

PS: I created a new post cuz you can't attach files in edit post mode.

Last edited: