What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Some textures not loading?

ragnor

So.. I've noticed other people having this problem, but I have yet to see a solution. A ton of my textures aren't loading. For instance, the Kokiri Forest wall textures do not load, yet the ground and link seem to load fine. Kinda cross-posted this (dont read the one in Djipi's Cell-shade thread if you get mad about cross-posting =p )... I am wondering if it's like an .ini problem or a plugin problem that will hopefully be fixed in the new version, or if... I'm screwed.
*edit* noticed something about checksums posted quite a while back for a different plugin... any chance Fed/Kman's OOT pack v.18 is a little wonky in 6.1.0c? (as in, was it released mostly for beta10 stuff? if so, maybe the CRCs are wrong for the textures?)
Help, this sucks?

OP
R

ragnor

no, my rom is v1.0 [!]
definitely gonna try running beta 10 in 1964 real fast, post any different results.
*edit* yeah... by fast, I mean for like 4 hours. All of the projects seem like a thousand times more interesting now that everything loads properly. I had only been fairly impressed before. Now I'm blown the hell away.

Last edited:

Tillmann

Whatever
Have you solved your problem at all?
The name of downloaded rom does not means (Crc could be messed up) that the rom are good... check it with the good tools

OP
R

ragnor

bah. Don't have the good tools, haven't been emulating 64 for long, because it took me a loooong time to figure out that it wasn't my system, my video setting just needed HEAVY tweaking to play kinda normal (stupid GeForce2... why you gotta suck?). Anyway, as far as I can see, the textures are loading properly with Beta 10. My only real question about the textures is whether this is normal or not:

FunkyPoopMonkey

I'm pretty sure I have textures that aren't loading as well.I really doubt that my Zelda rom is loading all 600 whatever textures. It loads "all" of them in about one half of a second, then the game plays.

Federelli

Beta Tester
I can't get my Map texture to load, and i still don't know why. I asked about 10 times already here, noone ever answered

OP
R

ragnor

map texture, as in the one in the subscreen? Because that isn't loading for me either.

Clements

I keep getting this message when using the debug:

Hires texture does not support extreme texture replication

OP
R

ragnor

hey fed... those shots look like what you see when you're using your own texture pack in the Deku tree? And I'm wondering what's up with the whole map texture, too... but then I haven't seen the orignal textures that you dumped for that, either.

Federelli

Beta Tester
I'd just need someone to tell me why they ain't working. Most likely i need the correct dump names, since in my PC what Rice's plugin dumps never works.

OP
R

ragnor

hahaha
aight, well I'll try to dump it for you on Tuesday when I get home, unless anyone does it before hand for us

snesmaster40

Maybe it's the region of the rom that's affect the textures? I'm not sure, but some guys at gamefaqs had some problems loading some textures in NM (I think their version was the [E] version), but me and this other guy have the (U) rom and it works perfect.