What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Rice and Directx... not the best of friends?

ragnor

Not too many days ago, I tried to close 1964 while running Zelda, to switch some textures in my hi-rez directory. Sadly, this caused it to crash for no appearant reason, and Rice would no longer run in DirectX mode on 1964 or PJ64... I assume it was a registry error of some sort? So I tried to remove a registry entry for Rice, didn't help. I'd been putting off my re-install of XP, and I finally gave in. A day later I was back in business with a fresh install of XP. Started up PJ64 with everything working fine, and I was a happy camper. But I was trying to figure out which of my OOT roms was the one I had my save-game on, thus starting and closing in succession. Bam, pj64 closed out, and Rice no longer loves DirectX. Is there a fix that I just couldn't find when I was searching the forums? Sorry, it's not neccesarily a Hi-res specific question, but I was using the Texture loading at the time, and I dunno of a Rice-specific forum. Anyone else have this problem? Repeatedly? Any help, Rice? (BTW, the plugin is awesome, but this is going to give me gray hair soon...)

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

You say you cleared out the registry entries, but Rices unfortunately tends to create a new one for each version of the plugin, and can get a bit congested:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RICEDAEDALUS
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RICEVIDEO

Just get rid of the lot, and I guess try reinstalling the plugin (and updating graphics drivers).

OP
R

ragnor

well now... this is interesting... Yes, what you said is indeed the correct fix. However, I find that it crashes quite often right now. Like, I saved, and then loading later caused it to crash, requiring the removal of the registry entries, then reinstallation of the plugin. Is this a RicePlugin conflict, or is this more the emulator hating me?

*edit*
yeah, now PJ64 crashed after stopping emulation properly, and then attempting to close it. Some memory problem. =/

Oh, if it makes any difference, I've been using 6.1.0c, probably through all of the crashes that I've experienced (so maybe the 10th beta would be more up to snuff for me?)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Savestates can be a bit of problem. Try saving the normal way in the game. It might just solve some problems for you.
There is a known problem about pj crashing opengl plugins but... not directx. hmmm.