What's new

Running from an actual Gamecube game?

jumpman17

In the File menu for Dolphin, it has a DVD menu that is blocked out. Am I missing some files to run that or is it for a future release? Great work on the emu so far though.

I'm also not sure why everyone's pictures look better then how the games run for me. Star Fox Assault runs black and white for me...

Last edited:

Pky

Erm, i don't think the dvd is something to run a game ( just because they only put them to load from the pc, actually) And maybe you saw screens from 1.3v.

DOGG

colour and such things may also be related to pixel shaders or lack thereof. which vid card do you have?

JinXD

Yeah it will be the lack of Pixelshader support from your gfx card. I had colours ingame running Star Fox: Assault on 1.02, though those shots were taken with 1.03.

JinXD

Hmmm, I think it only needs pixelshader 2 for Dolphin. I'll double check when I go home running 1.02....

DOGG

yeah i'm fairly sure it's 2.0

maybe update your drivers or check if your video card is selected in the dolphin config. directx 9,0c, etc

Pky

Wuigi, there won't be up for a longggggggg time... so if you're desesperate with it you will have to {buy a gamecube} else {wait some time} :p

maxim(L2)

my new Nvidia GeForce 5700 FX sas its only 1.2 pixel shader ...........maybie i should go get an update for it, i havent had time , been using the new card on my game last 2 days ^_^

Wuigi

A few years right?

You can't be serious about it taking a VERY LONG time as in 10 years or something...

Clements

Wuigi said:
A few years right?

You can't be serious about it taking a VERY LONG time as in 10 years or something...

Emulating the Saturn well has taken about that long, and the hardware is fairly similar to the 32x. I would not be surprised if GC emulation followed suit.

Seaclaw

the silent watcher
You also have to figure in that the Saturn wasn't nearly as well known as the Gamecube and didn't have many classic games on it.

OP
J

jumpman17

I have 2 real Gamecubes and 39 real games.
I'm just really interested in the progress of this emu and wanted to try some more games. I have all these games, I thought maybe I could use them instead of finding somewhere to try and download them from.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
jumpman17 said:
I have 2 real Gamecubes and 39 real games.
I'm just really interested in the progress of this emu and wanted to try some more games. I have all these games, I thought maybe I could use them instead of finding somewhere to try and download them from.

Seems to me he (unlike most people) has the right idea about why emulation exists. Honest emulator fans are hard to come by. I, for one, commend his reasoning. The only help I can offer here, however, is that in order to use your original games, you'll need: a Gamecube broadband adaptor connected to a router that has a pc on that router (so your pc and GC can network together), a copy of Phantasy Star Online, and a couple of "special" applications to make the magic happen. Using google to research how to rip original GC games will yield much more information. There's alot out there, just poke around a little.