What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Harvest Moon 64, my new project

CoffeeandTV

hacking the gibson
This is new project due to the extremely difficult-to-work-with textures in Road Rash 64. I don't have enough re-texed for a pack yet, but I'll keep you updated. I am still learning PS, so bear with me.

(MOST) OF MY WORK IS DONE FROM SCRATCH, I hate filters.

It will take some time for me to get a significant amout done due to graduation and AP tests. Feel free to submit your own textures, I will include them if I find them acceptable.
I love criticism, positive or negative...

Here's a teaser pack (only 20 or so textures):

Last edited:

zorbid

Small detail: it looks like the alpha layer isn't properly done. There are jaggies around the sign.

Great work nevertheless :).

wow, im looking forward to this. always good to bring back a good game with a new look. hope you'll continue to work on this :p

OP
CoffeeandTV

CoffeeandTV

hacking the gibson
this project is still alive, it's just running slowly. much of the characters and such in this game are difficult because they involve a lot of movement textures like paper mario. i'll put up a pack once i have a noticeable amount done.

thanks for the compliments!

I've had very little free time lately, but just a quick update. I'm currently working on the farm textures (rocks, grass, etc.). Please tell me what to do with these rocks. It's very hard to get them to 'fit' into the game well. The breakfast rolls (or whatever they are) turned out excellent, though.

Check the first post for a small starter pack download!

Last edited by a moderator:

gdp2000

Hey. This is really looking good.

But as you said, the character animations will be really hard. A lot of textures. But a retextured Harvest Moon would be relly cool. My little sister loves this game...

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Yay! I never thought of retexturing an isometric game. Great job! I hope that you will continue on this project (in your free time, of course).

>neospy

Harvest Sun O_O

Feedback

1. The riceballs look perfect.
2. Your title sign is also brillaint!
3. I love the new ground effects, however the rocks look a little strange - shouldn't the big rocks look more...rounded?

I joined the forums to keep and give feedback on your project, and I come from a HM community that is following your progression very eagerly. I've joined just to thank you really and to say if you like I can help you advertise it in any way possible. Why not set up a Freewebs account so you can post screesnhots of your newest work?

I look forward to the time when you gain more time and the project speeds up. :holiday:

A small question: Are the textures on the character model able to be changed, because it's always struck me how that is one of the fuzziest and ugliest things in the game...? I don't know much about retexturing, so if I've said something stupid... :huh:

Thanks,
Harvest Sun O_O

OP
CoffeeandTV

CoffeeandTV

hacking the gibson
Thanks for the input!

Yes, I know the rocks are wierd. I'm currently working to make them look better.

The character animations ARE editable, BUT there are ~50 images just for the main character. I attempted a few of the walking animations, but could not get them to work smoothly. I will continue to look into it, but for now i'm trying to finish landscapes, menus and items.

btw, this is sort of on hold untill after graduation.

Spacy

Thanks for retexturing a game of my favourite game series ^_^
I think the field objects are the most important to work on, because the player spends much time there.