What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Shizzy's Retexture Pack for Majora's Mask

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
I felt the need to pay my tribute to one of the greatest games of all time, Zelda: Majora's Mask. (and because OOT is already being done). I have most of the textures in ClockTown redone in highres, although there are still a few missing. When I finish those, I'll post the pack. There's thousands of textures in the game, and it's VERY tedious, and requires a ton of patience. So if anyone is interested in seeing most of the game get done, please post - and I'll continue to work on them.

Here are some shots... the first two are in high res, and the last one is the same as the 2nd one except regular mode, so you can compare. Also keep in mind, these images are large - so they are compressed, some of the detail is taken away.

Cheers!

Liku

Amazing, how are you going about retexturing them; Are you applying flitters to the previous ones, or redoing them from scratch? Or maybe a combination of both... either way it looks more beautiful than ever. Awesome job, good luck with this.

OP
ShizZy

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Thanks! Maybe I can finish the Clocktown pack tonight, and release it. As for how I improve them, I use a number of filters as well as hand painting. Generally, I quadruple the dimensions - sharpen a number of times, do some pixelation to remove uneeded fuzz, sharpen again, add some slight noise, improve the contrast, and a number of times do touchups inbetween. Lots of work.

Rastaman360

nice to see someone else working on this gr8 game, but either its the emu or your pack but the pic looks too blury.

I was working on OoT untill my PC somehow lost ALL of my work and :( its was looking real good proper HD (as emulation/monitors are concerned)

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I´m sorry, it´s a nice try, but to me it seems that you have just sharpened the texture and screwed up a bit with the allignement. But keep up, i see a talent here

Vanit

Do you think you could post some more before and after shots, Shizzy? I know this technique is generally looked down upon, as you've already seen that attitude been developped in the above post, however it would be interesting to compare the effects of such a technique and would help dispel the belief that it doesn't work too well.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
What attitude Vanit? I was just giving my opinion. I wasn´t being rude, i didn´t give him any sign of a negative attitude. I was just trying to be honest, you kind of hurted my feelings now..

Vanit

Saying 'nice try' and it looks like he 'just did X' portray a negative view imo. However, if you think I misread your post you have my apologies.

Vanit

Ack... should have known. I'm not used to checking the year it was written, just saw the March and thought it was a minor resurrection.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Now it is more understandable, since the plugin was pretty new back then. But he DID do a good job. Vanit, with "nice try" i simply meant that he is trying, and thats good. Without sounding rude, i´m glad this didn´t turned in to a argument between us. I DO think you´re a great guy, seriously:bouncy: