What's new

4 months since the last news and update

Heinster

I can understand that it's anoying when people ask for updates and work in progress but you can expect people are more anxious after such a long period of silence or not? So ok normally we don't want people to ask but after the enourmes start of Chankast it is kinda quiet arround this project and haven't been able to find anything else on other sites.

So after such a long while I think it's fair to ask "what are the chankast people doing, planning whatever?". And although I think it's a fair question I don't think they are obligated to react and we should be gratefull for what they done so far. I just "hope" someone who know's anything about this reacts ;)/

enb141

DarthDazDC said:
I understand where ur comin from, but there's more to life than an emulator :p

Exactly and that's what we want to listen, in other words if they are not doing progress in chankas at least we want to know (if possible of course) what are they doing or what kind of help they need in order to continue the Chanka project.

KoHaN69

Game-a-holic
IT IS NO MORE, IT'S DEAD, NOW GO ON AND LIVE LIFE, INSTEAD OF WHINIGN ABOUT AN EMULATOR OF AN EXTINCT GAME SYSTEM!! :p

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
Elsemi came here some time ago and said something about the sound of the next version of Chankast, so we can conclude that a new version of Chankast will be released, no matter when.

T-Kimura

its amazing how some people think chankast is dead already.
from elsemi:

[07:25] <ElSemi> the project is not dead, just it¡s "sleeping" :)
[07:25] <ElSemi> I'll tell garrofi to post something to emutalk

revl8er

That Damn Good
If you guys are so worried about a new release so much then why dont you write your own emulator. If you are that impatient then make your own, otherwise be patient becauase a new version will be released. It hasn't even been that long since the last version was released and all I see is people complaining because of a 4 month absence. Oh well, 4 months isn't even that long considering how much time the programmers put into making emulators along with them having a life outside of emulation. In closing, just be patient another version will be released sooner or later.

Clements

ZSNES was silent for at least a year and then development restarted. 4 months is nothing. :happy:

Ilitirit

Mystic Gohan said:
If you guys are so worried about a new release so much then why dont you write your own emulator. If you are that impatient then make your own, otherwise be patient becauase a new version will be released. It hasn't even been that long since the last version was released and all I see is people complaining because of a 4 month absence. Oh well, 4 months isn't even that long considering how much time the programmers put into making emulators along with them having a life outside of emulation. In closing, just be patient another version will be released sooner or later.
Most of the people on here aren't asking for a new version, they're just asking for a news update.

Davv11

I'm thinking of sending 20 euro's for all they done for us. I really hope there's going to be a fps limiter in the next version though. I'm not a newbie to these boards for some reason when I got a new pc I lost the password or something and had to open this new account.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
be patient guys, you can't expect the chankast team/emulator to meet your every wants/needs

these guys do have lives too you know...

Godfather

i am still waiting for new release to fix the bugs so i can play Resident Evil Code Veronica, its been so long since last release.
Maybe it would be better if chanka is released as Open Source then we would have many updates and much sooner.

Its not good if we wait so much for a release because new games are comming out everyday and we will forget about chanka if it continue to be silent.