What's new

MODERATOR "bans" PEOPLE 4 asking about new version?

airwolf

That seems like a simple question. What, you think that by allowing some1 to ask this kind of question that hundreds of people will flood your server with ?'s of the same type? People love the emu and are curious, that is all. WOW, sounds like "Bush scare tactics".

Probably ban me now because I decided to speak out. Freedom is dead, another Bush issue.

loopsider

airwolf said:
That seems like a simple question. What, you think that by allowing some1 to ask this kind of question that hundreds of people will flood your server with ?'s of the same type? People love the emu and are curious, that is all. WOW, sounds like "Bush scare tactics".

Probably ban me now because I decided to speak out. Freedom is dead, another Bush issue.

I thought they just closed topics, not ban...

they have done bans for things such as making the mods indirectly angry with enhanced intelligence, logic, and vocabulary :happy:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=23227

they are humans, and this (may I add really really active hehe) board is filled with stupid questions on a regular basis. so keeping it clean is necessary. they will ban people that did not commit as bad as an offence as supposed to others from time to time because of this sweeping method. That can be compared to beheading the man that bombed a bus, and beheading the man that stole a pencil.

while people that ask for illegal things should be banned, why give the same punishment for much smaller offenses. just because this system does not have a hierarchy of punishments does not mean all are brought to the same level.

keep the floor clean men, but dont end up scraping the enamel!

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
airwolf said:
What, you think that by allowing some1 to ask this kind of question that hundreds of people will flood your server with ?'s of the same type?
Yes. It's not like it didn't happen before.

Martin

Administrator
airwolf said:

We don't ban anyone asking for a new version, the thread is just closed. If the person asks several times though, that's a different story.

Why would we "probably" ban you for asking this? You should stop assuming.

Trotterwatch

And I'll just add, I've never banned anyone for asking about a new version either. I just close the thread directly,

If there is a new version to be released, then WE WILL tell you about it as soon as we know, or as soon as the programmers (WHO ARE mods on this board) wish to divulge such information and not until.

You got that Airwolf? As for Bush scare like tactics... I fear you've slipped off onto a tangent there.

AndreaSpooky

just to enter the topic here... it wouldnt be better to create some *controlled* hype around the new chankast versions?
just a little... and build around it somekinda rules... to hold the interest above a certain level AND lower than an higher one.
for ex., create an official hype thread, where discuss and read about new things.
this would avoid constants "what in new version?" thread and, the same time, keep the ... "morale" higher.
i visit this forum every day and its not actually "highly populated".
just 3 or 4 thread answer are done and 2 thread opened per day, average. looks like not a good one, imho.
i understand this kind of politics is chosen by its author and mods to avoid messy situations just like the last times, but the whole forum is suffering due this.
hope didnt offend anyone.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Well there is one thread open about suggestions etc for the new version, which I left open for that very reason ;)

We'll see about a controlled version as you say.... though people asking for the release date or making stupid demands within it, would have their posts removed.

WhiteX

I believe a Hype thread would have some kind of teen comments like "it will be sooo cool!" and "it is taking sooo long!", more informative is the idea of some kind of "plan files like the ID dudes, so we can wait dates for things and not keeping asking for updates every 5 min.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
loopsider said:
they have done bans for things such as making the mods indirectly angry with enhanced intelligence, logic, and vocabulary

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=23227
The particular ex-member was ignoring some of the forum rules and he was underestimating the intelligence of the other members and generally any other human being. The moderators gave him the chance to change his attitude but he wasted it.
airwolf said:
It seems that you don't understand some things. No one says that we're not supposed to talk about the next version of an emulator, the problems that the emulator has or even some feautures we whould like to be implemented to it. Feedback is good. :) Unfortunately there are some people who are not pleased with what they have and they keep asking for new releases. This isn't helpfull at all and doesn't lead anywhere. It's up to the authors to decide what has to be fixed or implemented to their project.

blurymind

If i was one of the programers behind it I will surely get pissed of questions and demands for a better version which will play a particular game that they like.Why can't they get it-these questions dont help at all.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
I went to the toilet tonight, another bush issue!!!

Oh also you are on a privately owned board on a privately owned server, if you want to complain about your "freedom" pay for the fucking server first.

aika-san

There's a big difference between a newbie asking about new versions/features before reading the rules, and a more informed person demanding them. Freedom is not dead, but slavery is.

The programmers have said they are working on it again, so why show mistrust by bugging them about it. Don't you think that the programmers are in the best position to decide what is the most important improvements to make. I mean they have to live/breathe/eat/shit the program that you use. Take a look at the recent games Sacred and Temple Elemental Evil to see what happens when programs are rushed to meet deadlines or influenced by other people or money related issues. Programmers work best when there is no outside pressure on them at all.

The owners of this forum kindly allow us to post on it for our own entertainment. They also put the few rules they chose there for a good reason. To follow these rules would be one way of showing your gratitude for what has been done for you, instead of bitching about that which has not.

OP
A

airwolf

aika-san said:
There's a big difference between a newbie asking about new versions/features before reading the rules, and a more informed person demanding them. Freedom is not dead, but slavery is.

The programmers have said they are working on it again, so why show mistrust by bugging them about it. Don't you think that the programmers are in the best position to decide what is the most important improvements to make. I mean they have to live/breathe/eat/shit the program that you use. Take a look at the recent games Sacred and Temple Elemental Evil to see what happens when programs are rushed to meet deadlines or influenced by other people or money related issues. Programmers work best when there is no outside pressure on them at all.

The owners of this forum kindly allow us to post on it for our own entertainment. They also put the few rules they chose there for a good reason. To follow these rules would be one way of showing your gratitude for what has been done for you, instead of bitching about that which has not.

Bitching? Sounds like you are the one who is doing that. I meerly voiced an OPINION. Free country, get it? THAT is a Bush issue. He don't want freedom...it's HIS WAY or the HIGHWAY. :yucky:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
airwolf said:
Bitching? Sounds like you are the one who is doing that. I meerly voiced an OPINION. Free country, get it? THAT is a Bush issue. He don't want freedom...it's HIS WAY or the HIGHWAY. :yucky:

But again, you still missed the point. You, in no way, contributed to the production or distribution of this software. If you don't like what is available, then perhaps you should take a swing at an attempt to program your own Dreamcast emulator. This forum is privately owned, just like any business in this country, it's owners make the rules, and if you decide not to abide by them, then they can make the decision to not allow certain people to have access to their service (which, by the way, is FREE). If you were a financial or resource backer, then you'd have a bit more justification in your expectations, but since you are not, then you have no justification. If you want to talk/ask about a new version, then you are free to do so on any newsgroup that you decide, except this one, since you have to agree to the rules of the forum when you register in the first place. If it's that important to you to discuss newer versions, then get a yahoo newsgroup going, or an irc channel. Because if you haven't noticed, you have drawn attention from a couple of mods and admnis, and it's not the kind of attention you want to have.

Stezo2k

S-2K
it's a bit harsh to ban people for asking them about a new version, the rules are fine as they are really

aika-san

airwolf said:

You are free to voice your opinion, but don't you think that it is fair that everyone else (including myself) should be free to voice theirs, or is that an airwolf issue? Isn't it also fair that the authors of Chankast are free to decide when to release a new version? Isn't it also fair that the owners of this forum are free to decide what rules we should follow when using it? You talk of your freedom. What about everyone elses? You can't have it all your way unless it's your forum and your emulator.

About the Bush thing. Can you explain to me how you draw an analogy between an emulator forum and American politics? A discussion based on the similarities to be found between chalk and cheese might be even more appropriate.

As has been pointed out, your original post was not based on fact, plus your use of capital letters also shows that you are after an argument. I am more than capable of picking out the salient points in your posts without requiring this. You have also questioned the validity of one of the main rules on this forum within your first few posts. In case you have failed to notice, that's not the way to be making friends.

Clements

Yep, I only ban rom kiddies/people who are really lame etc. and not people who ask for new versions of emulators or whatever. It's annoying when someone keeps asking, but it isn't really illegal like asking for a rom or bios is. I have no idea why Bush was even mentioned, since he doesn't own this board.

Martin

Administrator
aika-san said:
About the Bush thing. Can you explain to me how you draw an analogy between an emulator forum and American politics? A discussion based on the similarities to be found between chalk and cheese might be even more appropriate.
LOL yeah, I was just pondering about that Bush thing myself, it's completely unrelated. :p

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
AndreaSpooky said:
i visit this forum every day and its not actually "highly populated".
just 3 or 4 thread answer are done and 2 thread opened per day, average. looks like not a good one, imho.
i understand this kind of politics is chosen by its author and mods to avoid messy situations just like the last times, but the whole forum is suffering due this.
hope didnt offend anyone.
Which forum? The chakast one or the whole? Because I sometimes go every day to this whole forum and one hundred of new posts minimal!!! And a lot of new threads, too. Okay, not in the chankast one, but after releasing a new version the n00bs always begin to ask the same question, so there will be up to 20 or 30 new threads in this forum, too, you will see! I remember the days, the first version was released, up to 50 (!) new threads only in the chankast forum! And without any hype thread!