What's new

Mupen 0.4!!! We wants!

Rented Mule

Holy shitballs...I just recovered from a quadruple bypass. Why you say!? I got worried and started eating a lot as days without a new Mupen release went by. 3 weeks ago I got a heart attack because I was way too fat...and the blood pressure skyrocketed because no progress on Mupen seemed to be happening.

The doc said to lay off the food...I said "I will, doc, I will, right after Hacktarux releases Mupen 0.4." And he was like "MUPEN 0.4 IS COMING OUT!? Jeebus, I've been waitin' for a new Mupen for a long time!" And I was like "I dunno, I hope so...or else my anxiety level will remain high and I won't stop eating."

Please...we needs it, preciousss.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Hmm, i was planning to do a status update but i keep forgetting :p
Anyway, i'm doing major changes in the core like the dynarec..., that's why it takes time but i hope it'll be worth it in the end. So no release date planned yet.

dpw2atox

i think im about as anxeous as the next guy about a new release but we gotta wait. I would however like to see a small update of mupen where its basically just packaged with updated plugins and released as something like mupen 0.3.5. It would be nice so people can download it and not have to search through the forum to find the updated plugins and manually update everything. Still Hackertux has done an amazing job with mupen64 and im sure 0.4 will definantly be worth the wait.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Today i've made some progress, mario64's face is running at 47 VI/S instead of 32 previously and there're still a lot of opcodes to be implemented in the dynarec ! :)

Clements

Who needs a dynarec? He He :p

I simply can't wait for the next release! It'll be damn fast since Mupen must have the fastest interpreter of any decent N64 emu! ;)

eug

what exactly are the members of the noob structure? Having failed to understand the whole concept of 'noob' maybe you can pm me your noob.h?

scotty

The Great One
Its good to see that Mupen is moving along again. I look forward to trying it out. Now that University is almost over again, Ill have time to try things out.