What's new

Save States

BringITon

Ok i know its been mentoned before and its in a sticky about save states not being 100% at the minute but not in any real detail...

I have been saving Banjo Kazooie as a project64 save state file because saving it any other way dosent seem to work at all, the emu says its not compatible if you save it anyother way that a PJ64 save state, all i get now with a PJ64 save state is a lock up, the screen dosent move or anything, even putting it into PJ64 and trying to run it with that emu instead dosent work either, it still locks the emu up.

This pretty much makes 1964 useless... unless your going to use it as a real N64 and save to virtual memory packs, i use 1964 because it does seem to run games such as conker/banjo among other similar games better, but with the save state being the way it is it makes it a nightmare to use as you dont know if you will be able to continue where you left off and have to restart the game all over again.

My question is, can you recover a save state that is apparently bad, if so has anyone been able to recover one and how?

Cheers.

Rice

Emulator Developer
??

F5 to save, F7 to load a state.
Number 0, 1, ..., 9 to select a save slot.

You don't have to save or export a state from the File menu, unless you want to export to PJ64 format.

(There is a bug regarding saving state to a file with the save_to dialog box. When you use the menu to save to file in 1964 0.99 save format (not 0.85 format), 1964 0.99 will actually save as PJ64 .PJ format. You have to import the saved file as PJ format the next time.
This bug is discovered and fix will be in the next release.)

For the time being, just use F5/F7 to save and load.

Legend

Gee I love how this was answered in 15 minutes and I made the EXACT same post a couple days ago and got NOTHING. As always, I had to spend alot of time figuring out the problem myself since I get almost no responses to what i say. I feel so loved around here. :cry:

OP
B

BringITon

Thanks Rice, how right you are, works brilliant :)

Maybe its how you worded it Legend :D then again maybe they were busy at the time or no one was online to answer it and your question got swallowed up. ;)