What's new

you know zilmar and jabo shouldn't of released pj64 so early

gokuss4

Meh...
IT'S a little worst than Pj64 1.3 but has more options thats all. They should of worked on it more so it could be able to run Resident Evil, and im not sure about Perfect Dark. Nice try Jabo and Zilmar but i think your final version of PJ64 should of been released when it was ready, who cares if it was a good present, i just wanted it to run better but unfortunately it didn't :( sorry Jabo and Zilmar i just had to get it out :cry:.

Last edited:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
ok so i wasn't the only one

a day ago i thought this thing was simply de-best then i notice not much has changed i dunno maybe i just don't see the difference, i have to agree they should have realeased it when they had a little more time to work with it

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
yeah gokuss - you're sorta right...i felt that the release was kinda rushed, and most of the problems i wanted fixed weren't...I was put off Winback becos its multiplayer was crapped up, and even now it's still crapped up...Jet Force Gemini, for all the hype, didn't run as good as I expected...and PJ64 ran a little slower, and was a little bit more difficult to use...

on the flip side, Turok 3 is working, Perfect Dark is more or less playable, but SSB is dead ??? also, the subscreen problem in Legend of Zelda: OoT is not fixed...but the "jewel" look in rupees and other stuff is there. :D

Allnatural

Come on guys??? I look at it this way: Did I get my money's worth? Well, since I paid $0 for it, and it plays a number of games very well, it's a great deal.

Play what works and have a good time fellas.:colgate:

Great work Jabo, zilmar, smiff, N-rage, and anyone else involved.:)

:pj64:

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
well i guess ill rely on LaC and Lemmy now for Nemu64 and/or PJ64 future makers/modifiers who can fix a lot of bugs in it :).

KingDork

Aw, c'mon guys.

This version is a big step, and it's really doesn't make any sense to say that they should have waited any longer. Zilmar had pretty much lost interest in coding the emu before it even went to beta 1, so I think they really deserve a lot of credit for working so hard to get one last release out.

Seriously, why should they have spent a lot of time getting Resident Evil to work, when there is already a PC port available (Glide only, perfect for your Voodoo3), and I'm sure ePSXe and/or VGS can handle PSX version. While from a technical, completist standpoint, it would make sense to eventually work on that rom, in this scenario, with only one release left to go, it makes sense to go for the stuff that has never been playable on the pc before.

More graphic errors? Not on the PC's I've used it on. Last time I checked, Voodoo3's weren't fully supported by the emu, which probably is why you're experiencing troubles.

Great job, Jabo, Zilmar, and Smiff!

Kakarot

Yeah I kinda liked 1.3 better too but....

You can't blame them for wanting to stop. I mean they worked an asslode of time on this emu. I agree though that it would have been much better if it had been released when it would have been more polished. Instead of playing harder to emulate games I would have rather liked to see problems in games that currently run, fixed. I'm glad to see that they released the source code. This should speed up the n64 emu scene tremendously:D. In closing: can't blame the authors for stopping, hoped it would have been more polished, greatful for a great emu. Thanks Zilmar, Jabo, N-rage, and Smiff ( Jabo and Zilmar's secretary bitch person). J/K Smiff :colgate: Please don't ban me!!! (and the rest of AOL) LOL
P.S. Smiff what do plan to do now? I mean you've been in the scene for awhile even far before PJ64 went public.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I also admit PJ64 1.4 was rushed which shouldn't have been done.But as Allnatural said :

Did I get my money's worth? Well, since I paid $0 for it, and it plays a number of games very well, it's a great deal.

yogaman

Banned
I don't really agree with u guys.....1.4 just kicks ass!!! And the whole beta testing periode made me kinda exciting (even though I wasn't a test :D ).....

The two games that really ROCK are diddy kong racin' and PD.....and also jabo's plugin is just SWEET......

I can understand that few wanted a more or less perfect emu/PJ but hey, this whole thing reminds me of Uhle....when it died, we were so sad that zelda mm or pd didn't work, know it's PJ which left only a few games unemulated (so NEMU can complete the circle :D ....lemmy don't let us down ;) )

sk8bloke22

roll for life
wat a bunch of whining morons. u obviously dont understand much about emulation and only want to play pirate games. sorry ur right we should hav forced zimlar and jabo to get resident evil work them, its not liked they worked hard enuff. do u think getting perfect dark was easy to gt working, wat about diddy kong racing....there was no promise of getting 100% perfect compatibility, but core compatibility is the highest on any emu (more than 1964).if u want resident evil 2 so bad, go and buy it. and stop complaining if u dont hav a high enuff spec pc. with the adjustments made to the emu so wat if the spec has risen. its not ur project. if u want speed use the plugins on 1964, or use Azimar's sound in pj64. there are loads of ways of getting speed. seriously, grow up.

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
All I want from N64 emulation is to run zelda 64, Mario 64 and zelda MM perfect.

And pj 64 didn't really achieved it...
It Just gotten really closer.

But I think it's close enough for me to play...

P.S
I don't see real reason in playing the "real thing".
The "real thing" works like $@%.

Ryo

Johnny_Rico said:
All I want from N64 emulation is to run zelda 64, Mario 64 and zelda MM perfect.

And pj 64 didn't really achieved it...
It Just gotten really closer.

But I think it's close enough for me to play...

What are you talking about? All three of those games run at a steady 60FPS, perfectly! Just because your Commodore 64 can't run it doesn't mean it that it doesn't run perfectly.

yogaman

Banned
hmmm.....if u say zelda64 - I immediately think of Uhle (everybody's going to bash me but if it comes to zelda64 UHLE rules) / if u say mario64 - I think of corn (nobody's going to inflict me any pain for telling that it runs mario64 better than on the console ;) ) / If u say zelda mm - I recommend u to wait for Nemu 0.8 ;) ...or use PJ 1.x

aprentice

Wow, newbie invasion!

You guys are lame, look at yourselves, complaining about a freeware program. Get a life, theres a world outside of computers. Zilmar and Jabo don't want to work on PJ64 anymore so why force them to continue? Which would you perfer, 1.3 to be the final or 1.4 to be the final? Grow up kids.

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
You can't blame them for wanting to stop. I mean they worked an asslode of time on this emu.

lol assload

but anyways, I second what Aprentice says. Be happy that they even released 1.1 and so on... If they didnt, we would still be playing 1.0 today. Be happy with what you have man, because like they say, "Its better than nothing"

Quvack

oooooo I got an idea people!

Stop fucking whining

:devil:

What they did with PJ64 was amazing, right from the 1st release, a lot of you dont seem 2 see how much ground this emulator broke... so many things that just hadn't been done before. The accomplishments in 1.4 are good, you just expected way to much.

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
still, you cannot deny the fact that just about everyone wishes it was just a bit better.
but I understand that zilmar and jabo lost interest. but I know they'll consider coming back when they retire from their jobs at the tender age of 60 :D

zilmar

Emulator Developer
There was never any claims that it was perfect .. but when your dealing with hle then your going to see these issues .. could it have been better .. probaly, for the level of work and time to make it better .. probaly not. The thing is most people would like it better, but do not have the skills and dedication to do anything. They are not paying for it so it does not matter..

the exe source is there, if they want to improve that can .. if people were paying for us and it was a job then we would do thing different .. but as this was just a hobby, then you have to live with the mistakes ..

jc34

aprentice said:
Wow, newbie invasion!

You guys are lame, look at yourselves, complaining about a freeware program. Get a life, theres a world outside of computers. Zilmar and Jabo don't want to work on PJ64 anymore so why force them to continue? Which would you perfer, 1.3 to be the final or 1.4 to be the final? Grow up kids.

I agree

People stop complaining thank you,PJ64 works good sure it has problems but all EMU's have problems.

To those that think it is so easy to make a 100% compatible EMU I dare you to make one that is 100% perfect,but until then just enjoy PJ64 after all it is freeware and the coders gave up alot of thier free time to try to make you all happy sure I hate to see it come to a end but the coders want thier lives back and I can understand that. if they ever make patches or update the plugins that is up to them maybe they will maybe they won't but if they do not please do not condem then because they moved on to biggger and better things like living thier lives.

Also I am not sure on this 100% but if they did make the EMU 100% compatible and play everygame and do everything the real console can do would that give nintendo legal rights to sue the coders.I think I read something about that on Smiff's site maybe it was somewhere else.

anyway guys just enjoy the EMU and to the coders please do not think everyone feels that all the work you did,does not go unnoticed by all of us using PJ64
thank you

Sorry for the rant and long post
Later's

Last edited: