What's new

Waiting only Azimer for Audio?

Mihalas

Banned
N64 emulation is going better and better with the
passing of time.N64 graphic plugins are coming out continuously
with great improvement.
But on the other side all abandoned audio plugins.The problem is
that we haven't seen an audio plugin for a long time and the only audio plugin we are waiting for, is azimers'.Is there finally someone else to help N64 emulation on the audio section? :unsure:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, as far as to say, jabo's directsound 1.5 plugin is lle and is almost fully emulating the n64 sound. But then, the hle side still needs work. Dunno really what azimer is fixing and tweaking on atm.

OP
Mihalas

Mihalas

Banned
Well i think that the sound is good emulated at this time. But only GOOD and this is the point i have started this thread. They are not trying to make a perfect sound because they are not concentrating on making one only plugin.E.g. Azimer is making both Apollo and his sound plugin.Jabo made a graphics plugin, a sound plugin and an input plugin e.t.c.What do you think,will a perfect sound plugin ever come out? :huh:

Doomulation

Well, as far as i know, there are no real game which lacks sound! :happy:
Perhaps snowboard kids lacks some, but that's the only thing i've noticed! :phone:

OP
Mihalas

Mihalas

Banned
I have an on-board sound card which is "avance 97" and i have to say tha with this sound card i have encountered many many sound glitches in games.E.g.The fire sounds in Zelda games,no audio in hydro thunder e.t.c.You Doomulation don't have problems with sound?

OP
Mihalas

Mihalas

Banned
Have you gokuss heard the real spastic sounds in the Resident evil 2 during the conversation you make with the shop owner in the beggining? :p

Cyberman

As Far as I know Azmir is working on something, however he will not be active in the boards or much of anything as life takes priority. He ocassionally pops in and scares people just for the fun of it ;)

As for audio plugins, this area is more difficult than the graphics plugin, this is because of the RPD instructions used for generating sound and prerecorded sounds were encoded in MP3 in games such as Conkers Bad Fur Day and Resident Evil 2 (biohazard 2 if you are in Japan! ).

Cyb

OP
Mihalas

Mihalas

Banned
Please Men, take a look at the MP3 i attached with the horrible sound i described in Resident Evil 2

Doomulation

Mihalas said:
I have an on-board sound card which is "avance 97" and i have to say tha with this sound card i have encountered many many sound glitches in games.E.g.The fire sounds in Zelda games,no audio in hydro thunder e.t.c.You Doomulation don't have problems with sound?
I don't have hydro thunder. For zelda, sync sound makes all perfect; aside from that--it's perfect.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Hydro THunder has a Missing ABI Command (I Think)

That MP3 is just horrible... :geek:

The only other games that lack Sound is SF Rush 2049 (MusyX Sound system), NBA ShowTime (Again, MusyX Sound System) & thats about it.

As for Azimer, he is among the living. Although, he has lost internet connection & is unable to communicate with the outside world :cry:

OP
Mihalas

Mihalas

Banned
Well Cpu Master if all these you have posted are real, then i have to admit that these are baaaaaaaaaaad news really baaaaaaaaaaaaad news!!! :cry:

OP
Mihalas

Mihalas

Banned
And now we came back to my first question.
So if Azimer is about to abandon his project there will be no more sound updates? :huh:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Azimer's unlikely to remain without an internet connection for long, and we'll probably see a new LLE audio beta once he's back.

Just chill out and find something to play that's perfectly emulated. There's probably thousands of well emulated game out there that no one in this topic even knows of yet.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Lillymon said:
Azimer's unlikely to remain without an internet connection for long, and we'll probably see a new LLE audio beta once he's back.

Just chill out and find something to play that's perfectly emulated. There's probably thousands of well emulated game out there that no one in this topic even knows of yet.

Well Said :)

OP
Mihalas

Mihalas

Banned
We all don't know what Azimer will do with his project,so apart from Azimer does anybody know if Zilmar is going to make a new audio plugin? :huh:

OP
Mihalas

Mihalas

Banned
So not a last "Hey I am here" from Zilmar.Do you believe that N64 emulation will die with the last versions of the popular programmers or we will see new programmers coming out with
hopefull works making some critical updates?