What's new

Making Plugins

doggie

Banned
hey, just out of pure interest.. whats the best place to start on making a plugin for n64 emus.. eg audio , vide or input

thanx:)

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
Maybe...

Maybe a video plugin more compatible than any other... something like a "Corn-based" directx vid plugin= faster, compatible with old and new cards, compatible with dx7 or later, etc.

OP
doggie

doggie

Banned
ahh.. any chance of links to on how to create plugins.. thats my main question :blush: i have C++ experence.. just i need a lil tutorial to get me start or wateva available

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
contrasf

As you know, ContraSF never released the source of his emu, but, if he can, you can...

OP
doggie

doggie

Banned
Re: contrasf

Raziel64 said:
As you know, ContraSF never released the source of his emu, but, if he can, you can...
are u suggestion i could make a plugin to ur specifications? i dun even know where to start with a plugin:blush:

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
Really, good luck and welcome then. :)
I only wants to give you a little idea if you wish to start the dev of a new dx graphics plugin...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I really doubt that. Corn had very good speed at the lack of compability and many many issues.
If you really wish to do something "special," i suggest that you first try to do a "normal" plugin without any special to get started. Then you can tweak and do whatever you want.

Good luck.

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
Yes, you´re right, Corn have a very poor compatibility, but I`m only talking about the graphics of Corn, not the core of emu...
Corn not uses plugins, is true, but some portion of his source code make possible yhat Corn showns graphics at very good speed. This part is my point.:)

Cyberman

Re: Maybe...

Raziel64 said:
Maybe a video plugin more compatible than any other... something like a "Corn-based" directx vid plugin= faster, compatible with old and new cards, compatible with dx7 or later, etc.
I hate to inform you of this, that wouldn't give a speed improvement or anything. Corn was fast because it performed a static recompile of the code, the inherent problems of this methodology made it's compatibility horribly low. Hence .. that's life I guess.

Cyb

mesman00

What's that...?
Doomulation said:
Plainly, it isn't possible without low compability and many gfx issues.

yep, that about sums it up....seems this has been gone over so many times in so many different posts, but people still don't get the point. And btw, CORN IS DEAD, so move on with your lives!