What's new

"OpenIL" plugin for input??

tylerbingham

I remember reading about the OpenGL type input library called OpenIL(OpenInput Library). I was planning on porting my plugin to it, but I have lost the documentation, and I can't find anythin gon the web for it

Cyberman

tylerbingham said:
I remember reading about the OpenGL type input library called OpenIL(OpenInput Library). I was planning on porting my plugin to it, but I have lost the documentation, and I can't find anythin gon the web for it
Ummm never heard of it.. try OpenGL and see if there might be information there..
X would be more generic but GLX is only recently becoming more standard in it's use.
I suggest you peer at DX8 for your input handling.. not as generic but heck the plugin's you make have to be run on PC's :)

Cyb

N-Rage

theres OpenGL and OpenAL, but ive never heard of OpenIL :D

If youre aiming on making a cross-platform Plugin I would recommend you to use the SDL Library, its that what You seek for - providing a common library for Input, Graphics & Audio on different Platforms.

Well, since 95% of the People use Windows... I would rather use the Direct way( DirectX ) since a "common" Library just means youre limited to "common" Features on all OS`ses - but thats up to You.

Cyberman

That would explain why I didn't recognize it.
I know OGL has GLUT and a few other libraries that allow for the use of the mouse with the 3d lib.. however these aren't for the faint of heart to use.

:)

Cyb

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
N-Rage said:
If youre aiming on making a cross-platform Plugin I would recommend you to use the SDL Library, its that what You seek for - providing a common library for Input, Graphics & Audio on different Platforms.

The last I messed with SDL was about 6 months ago, and you had to run GFX through it or it wouldn't let you handle input or sound. Kinda lousy for a input-only plugin. I dunno if that's changed, or maybe I just never understood it right.