What's new

Winamp Crossfade Plugin

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Is there any plugin to make a crossfade between songs for Winamp2? Wich is the better one guys?

Reznor007

Try these. If you are on Windows95,98, or ME use the Wave output version, if on 2k/XP use the Dsound one.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
crossfaders suck, waveout has much better sound quality than any crossfader. IMO its not worth having the fading effects.

Reznor007

I suppose I should say that the plugins I attached are not really crossfading plugins. However, they allow gap-less playback of a playlist, so that if you are listening to 2 songs that are supposed to blend into each other on the real CD, it won't breakup.

Also, they have the SSRC resampler built in so that you can set all your input plugins to output 96KHz 24-32bit audio, and have the output resample it down to 48KHz 16 bit for MUCH improved quality. And be sure to use the MAD MP3 decoder plugin instead of the normal plugin as it sounds a good deal better.

iq_132

Banned
I personally use Winamp3 so I couldn't reccomend any 2.x plugins and I don't even use the built in one in Winamp3.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
no point in using winamp 3, its a lot slower and the sound quality is much worse, plus its extra "features" aren't even being taken advantage of unless you use special DSP plugins or special skins, which IMO, dsp effects ruin the audio more than they help it, and the new skins are just in an xml layout, no advantage over the old skins, just easier for the developers to write, which IMO is bad because now your sacrificing speed and making it require more memory for ease of development where its not necessary.