Redesigned Nintendo DS

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
I must say, it looks sleeker than it did :D

The new DS:

f49a1422-f6e3-44ba-b146-8ec0b3214dc9.jpg

32c25001-25c6-4332-bdf2-9b8cadac6395.jpg

Quvack

It is looking a lot nicer now :) More 'future proof' in ways, as it wont look as old as what the other design would have when its released. Either way looks like to be an exciting kinda toy to get a hold of :D

2fast4u

looks much nicer now indeed :D im however still missing an analag joystick .. it seems like that would be useful.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=22712

What happened to the Search feature? :p

I think the DS is going to be hot, especially since it's scheduled to be out in the US and Japan before the year is out. I just wish Nintendo would set an official price point for it. So far it's being speculated at 150 or 200 but nobody knows for sure.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Yeah, they'd better do some last minute additions to the DS *cough*analog stick*cough* or it's not going to be stunning, instead it'll be simply amazing.

jeffkong

The control pad on the current DS will probably be pressure sensitive, meaning if you press lightly the character will walk slowly and if you press hard the character will run.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
jeffkong said:
The control pad on the current DS will probably be pressure sensitive, meaning if you press lightly the character will walk slowly and if you press hard the character will run.
But a real Anlog stick would be better than these things...
/me wants a analog stick for the real N64 fealing....

jeffkong

You probably won't notice much.

Plus an analog stick can get loose. With a console it's okay, you could simply get a new controller, but for a handheld it's not okay.

The only things I would want from the DS would be a bigger top screen and slighly improved graphics.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
jeffkong said:
Plus an analog stick can get loose. With a console it's okay, you could simply get a new controller, but for a handheld it's not okay.

PSP seems pretty confident in their little slidey-analog-thingy, wonder how well it'll hold up.