What's new

Question about Skies of Arcadia echelon

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Hey. I just wanted to ask, so I don't get into trouble, if we are allowed to discuss rips here, and issues revolving around them. I don't mean like where to get them, but problems on the actual system and such. The reason I ask is because I've been trying to play Skies of Arcadia (echelon) on the Dreamcast and while it DOES play, the rip hangs during scenes where the Dreamcast needs to load, like during the intro, and the animation & music will both stop so that the Dreamcast can catch up. Even during battles this happens a little. PLEASE, tell me if there's any way to fix this.

Seaclaw

the silent watcher
there is no way to fix it. the team echelon in order to preserve all the information on the discs to avoid cutting anything out compressed alot of the disc and the hanging is because the information is being decompressed.Sry if this answer isnt' allowed

AirRaven

Cassandra
You could try rooting around for the other rip there was. I don't know if I'm allowed to say the name of the team who made it, or even know if you can still get it.

It came on 4 CDs, and was totally uncompressed. That should work fine.

Kratos777

Huh no it came on 2 GD-roms's, it was compressed a little to fit onto 2 CD-roms.

And there's no way to fix this problem - you're gonna have to get the real thing. The Echelon loads really quick on Chankast though but the voice skips a bit when using magic/items, that's about it.

Last edited:

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
Kratos777 said:
Huh no it came on 2 GD-roms's, it was compressed a little to fit onto 2 CD-roms.

And there's no way to fix this problem - you're gonna have to get the real thing. The Echelon loads really quick on Chankast though but the voice skips a bit when using magic/items, that's about it.

He speaks of the true SoA rip which did come in 4 CD's since it was uncompressed unlike Echelon's two compressed discs.

LiamFly

I just got this game as well and am having a different problem.

1189806349_SOA_freeze.JPG

The game freezes right here. Anyone know why? Some help would really be appreciated.