What's new

Project64 Screen Recording Issues

Draze

Hi, I don't know if anyone will be able to help, but I am some issues with Project64 Version 3.0.1 (the latest version)

Context: I used to have version 2.3.0 about a week ago and decided to order from Amazon a N64 USB Controller. When it arrived and I attempted to set-up the controller, the controller would work with version 3.0. I'm on a windows device and like to use the game bar to record my screen when I play. I will attach some images to help explain my situation. I have attempted to do some research myself and try a few things, but to no avail.

My problem: Back with version 2.3.0 I had no problems recording my screen in terms of the overlay for the windows game bar appearing when I entered full-screen through Project64. However with version 3, the overlay for the gamebar deosn't appear, I believe (not sure tho) that the DPI changes when I enter full screen mode, thus causing the xbox gamebar to not show as an overlay but still operate in the background. Honestly I would be fine with this, however the problem thereafter is that the record game clip's audio is not in sync with my video.

Alternatives: A reddit thread/post suggested using GeForce Experience to record games if I had video and audio issues. However, I am not sure GeForce supports N64 file type games. If this works as a solution to this entire problem, am I missing something like do I need to install a N64 driver for NVIDIA compatability or anything else.

Is anyone able to help? (P.S. one of the screenshots is just of my favourite game Pokemon Stadium 2 (as a N64 file on my laptop) with a very zoomed in screen because I did a full screen capture/snip. I believe this is the altered DPI when I enter full screen which I don't know how to fix. Another one of the screenshots shows me attempting to add my N64 file type game to NVIDIA supported games list but does not appear for some reason)

I really welcome all suggestions and help. Even ifanyone isn't to help here, I appreciate anyone that tries. Also sorry if broke any post, thread or community guideline swith this post. I did read them before, just wanna apologise in advance just in case I have lol.

Thank you and I hope for a response or two. Please ask for any more screenshots if needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-23 112053.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 112053.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-03-23 112357.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 112357.png
    473.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-03-23 113648.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 113648.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-03-23 113752.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 113752.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 1

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
The gamebar is not compatible with DX Exclusive Fullscreen or native Opengl FS swapchains, Full screen optimizations is rquired to use it with DX and the DXGI Swapchain driverhack for opengl.