What's new

N-Rage Input Plugin Issues

Yo, I'm having a few problems with N-Rage's Input Plugin. It seems that for any game played with the Transfer pak (Pokemon Stadium 1+2, Mario Tennis, etc), Project64 will understand the cartridge, but not the save file. Why is that?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Because the Transfer Pak emulation is far from being accurate or complete. You might wan to try the N-Rage V2.00 if you don't have it already.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
N-Rage V2.00 works perfectly with the Pokémon games as far as I can tell. Except for the GameBoy Tower, everything works with Transfer Pak emulation on those.

I tried the 2.00 version, but that only made the matter worse. I may have done wrong with the setup. Can someone walk me through it step-by step please? I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Put the plugin files in your N64 plugin folder. Open the gameboy rom with VisualBoy Advance. Make sure it makes a save file. If it doesn't, try playing the game for a while. Open the plugin config and tell it to use the Transfer Pak. Tell it where the GB ROM is and its associated save file.