What's new

Multi-Input over Internet

Jusic

Hi everyone,

is it possible to create a Input Plugin that can handle 2 inputs from different pc's over the internet as 1 input? I'm asking because:

When I start 1964 with Kaillera starting a Zelda game and my friend connects to it he can watch me playing like a video stream but he can't controll. But i want that we both can fully controll Link to play in rotation e.g. he plays half an hour while I'm eating and I watch him playing and then we switch. Or I controll Link's movement and he controll the attacks.

Thank's for your help.
Jusic

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Such an implementation would probably desync to hell faster than anything we've seen before. No such thing exists to my knowledge, and most people (both developers and regular users) have no incentive to start coding such a thing or to even use it.

Just look at Project64K, which uses Kaillera. Kaillera passes inputs via a network connection to instances of the same game across multiple computers, to create a a netplay feature of sorts. Sadly, this netplay feature is riddled with desyncs, and only works adequately for a few people. At least this what I've gathered reading all the related posts here.

What you are asking is basically Kaillera all over again, except that this time Kaillera would be piggy backing on an input plugin, instead of being embedded in an emulator.

A better, less nerve wrecking, time and resource consuming option would be to simply call your friend over and play at your house.

Last edited: