What's new

Looking for some good PSX Emulators besides ePSXe

Clements

Try using PSXeven (best alternative to ePSXe) and also PCSX (also pretty good).

Graphics bugs can be fixed by changing gfx plugins, but crashes and stuff will need a different emulator.

jollyrancher

What games are you having trouble with? Honestly, ePSXe will run every game better than any other PSX emulator if you configure it right with the plugins and their settings. Are you using Pete's 1.75 DirectX plugin with the Eternal (or Pete's) sound plugin? If you do want to try another emulator, VGS also has good compatability and is simple to use but it doesn't enhance the graphics like ePSXe.

revl8er

That Damn Good
ePSXe will run every game better than any other PSX emulator if you configure it right

That is not exactly true. I have tried numerous settings with epsxe, but i can't seem to get chrono trigger to start up, and I can't get any voices in games such as resident evil 2 and 3 so I have to use PSXeven.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
The voices in Resident Evil 3, I know about. Could be an SPU plugin problem, I haven't messed with that much. I just use my PS2 instead.

As for Chrono Trigger, worked first time for me. Eternal SPU gives better sound in FMVs, and graphical garbage is fixed by setting off-screen drawing to 2 in Pete's OpenGL GPU.