What's new

Looking for Rice Source for two versions

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
Like the title says I'm looking for the source for Rice 5.0.1, 5.1.0. I need these because I'm looking for specific changes to fix certain parts of DaedalusX64 which Rice's code can help with because of the fact it was based on Daedalus's original graphics plugin.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
As far as I know only the source to certain versions was released and I think, bith version wasn't released, BUT you can view into the Surreal64(XXX) source, there should be a lot older revisions with its full source, because the source was given to the original author.
Hope you will submit the changes to Aristotle Video aswell! ;)

OP
K

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
The reason I am looking for it is I'm trying to narrow down the changes to find the TnL bug that caused the half yellow half black stars on Mario64 and the items not showing correct on SSB. At first I thought the SSB bug was the alpha getting lost due to bad texture conversion, but that's not the case as the texture shows fine in the texture explorer. I'm now thinking it's a combiner bug with env. But I'm still not 100% at this on the moment. If Rice, Aristole, Mudlord, or anyone for that matter could help me locate the change that fixed these issues I would be grateful. I've been back porting changes from Rice back to Daedalus and DaedalusX64 the PSP version, but this has been slow going due to the whole PSP/PC thing and the code diversion from the original Daedalus code. This(These) bug(s) is(are) causing multiple problem in multiple games. Many of which are popular titles. I may commit some of Strmn's improvements down the road, but first I want to catch up (graphically at least) to the current Rice. Then I can submit a few things that are performance enhancements from Daedalus.

Last edited: