What's new

KLAX Compatability Issue

CyrylTheWolf

\/\/4ND3RING \/\/0LF
Hey Jabo...

Been a while. Finally got an apartment again, etc. Got net installation set up the next day. Was online 6 days later. Yay for me.
I FINALLY found a download of KLAX for the NES. I've tried it on the last three versions of JNES up until your most recent one.
When I load the ROM I get nothing except a message at the bottom of the JNES screen stating:

"Error: Mapper #64 Unsupported"

I tried this ROM in NESten and FCEU. NESten had mixed results with the grahpics but played fine. FCEU played it perfectly.

What's the word on that, Jabo? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The emulator doesn't support the mapper that this game uses, so it's unplayable. You simply have to wait for a release that will support mapper 64 or use another emulator.

Last edited:
OP
CyrylTheWolf

CyrylTheWolf

\/\/4ND3RING \/\/0LF
Yes. I understand the concept of the mappers. I was more or less looking for a few technical details from the master himself...

Also, if possible, an ETA on when support for this particular mapper could be added to JNES. But that will happen when it happens. No rush on Jabo's part. Especially since I have no clue as to how difficult it is to add a mapper to the program. I do recall reading somewhere before that you can add certain mapper packages to several emu's yourself. (Manually.)

Is there any truth to that? I've never had to worry about it.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
CyrylTheWolf said:
I do recall reading somewhere before that you can add certain mapper packages to several emu's yourself. (Manually.)

Is there any truth to that? I've never had to worry about it.
Yes, NESten and Nintendulator (and maybe more) have the ability to receive more mappers but not Jnes.