What's new

Keep tabs on me

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
A bit late on saying this, but welcome back. The little time you were gone seemed very long to those of us who depend on programmers such as yourself to provide our "fix", hehe

I did have a question, I think this one is ok.

Why is the AudioLLE plugin called a "Private Beta" when anyone can download it and try it out?

excellent work BTW!

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I just tried out Azi's LLE plugin 0.50.2. At least in Ocarina of Time, the sound is MUCH less crackly than 1964 Basic Sound 2.0 + PJ64 RSP plugin. However, it still crackles a little bit, so I'm sticking with 0.40 beta 2 for now. Also, whenever I try to load a state save with AziLLE, 1964 crashes. :(

Plisco

Sevillian
The Khan Artist said:
I just tried out Azi's LLE plugin 0.50.2. At least in Ocarina of Time, the sound is MUCH less crackly than 1964 Basic Sound 2.0 + PJ64 RSP plugin. However, it still crackles a little bit, so I'm sticking with 0.40 beta 2 for now. Also, whenever I try to load a state save with AziLLE, 1964 crashes. :(

When I load a save state with aziLLE it does not crash but noise before it was loaded is heard in the background stuttering.

scotty

The Great One
Welcome Back Azimer. I was wondering if you would return, you have the best audio plugin for N64. You seem to be hard on yourself that it isnt as good as your previous ones. As I see it 1964; it doesnt work at all, but with Project 64 it comes out perfectly, and the best of any audio plugin.
You had a break from doing the job, eventually as you continue on, you will only get better. Continue with what you are doing, as long as your name is at goodwill, you will do fine.

I and I think all of the emulation community know that you will continue to have the greatest audio plugins ever.

scotty

The Great One
I was reading your site. it appears that you are not just working on Appolo, but it appears that you are trying to go forward with Video and Input. I say start with the emulator, make it compatible with other plugins, then work on input(try to make it similar to Jabo's or N-rages), then Video(since it is the hardest to work on).

scotty

The Great One
I was wondering if your new emulator is going to have a dynamic recompiler, it appears that it makes games with a high sys req. go faster. Just a curiousity statement, I am just wondering what to look forward to, I assume that RSP plugin will be really an aset to work with maybe later

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
scotty said:
I was wondering if your new emulator is going to have a dynamic recompiler, it appears that it makes games with a high sys req. go faster. Just a curiousity statement, I am just wondering what to look forward to, I assume that RSP plugin will be really an aset to work with maybe later

There is already a dyna compiler in Apollo. As for RSP, Unknown

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
CpU MasteR said:
There is already a dyna compiler in Apollo.
AFAIK, the current public release of Apollo is interpreter only. The release I have (version 0.03) had a dynarac option, but it gets disabled whenever a ROM starts and the emulator automatically switches to interpretive mode.

Dark Stalker

Hmm.. ApolloX? Might be a port to Linux :linux: I hope for that as a future reality.

(X as in X windowing system/Xfree86).

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I'm personally hoping Azimer will try and improve the speed and compatibility of the Windows version before trying ports. Apollo is currently too slow for an X-Box port, it needs a dynamic recompiler core first.

A ported Apollo would remind me of Masterlator. The Windows version has awful sound (really, it's that bad, worse than OSwan, HyNES or confusionGBx), few options and low speed (400Mhz+ required for full speed) and the first thing the author did was to port it to the GP32! A 100Mhz handheld! 40% speed without sound on... :crazy:

Remote

Azimer said:
Don't make assumptions. You will be very disappointed.

Yes, you should never have too high expectations on something you know virtually nothing about... But I'm sure when the day comes, you'll have something l337 for us... :D