What's new

How to exit fullscreen mode?

sultanoswing

Using Mupen64 (32-bit) 1.2 on Ubuntu 7.10 (nvidia & compiz-fusion enabled). Thanks again for the great release, guys. Nice to see lots of the little annoying bugs and crashes cleaned up.

Quick Question: How to exit from full screen mode? I can't find a key other than the 'Esc' key, which works, but also abrupbtly closes the open ROM, with no chance to access the Save state menu etc.

Thanks in advance.

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Quick Question: How to exit from full screen mode? I can't find a key other than the 'Esc' key, which works, but also abrupbtly closes the open ROM, with no chance to access the Save state menu etc.

Thanks in advance.

The F1 key toggles fullscreen on/off. Sorry for the lack of documentation.

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Which plugins work in fullscreen? I have a twinview setup and fullscreen has never worked for me.

fullscreen works for me using the rice and glN64 plugins, but I just have one screen. If you want to debug it, toggling fullscreen mode back and forth is handled by the ChangeWindow function defined in the code for each graphics plugin.

Surkow

@ebenblues - I would like to help, but debugging is not something I'm experienced with (I know I could use gdb or something).

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
@ebenblues - I would like to help, but debugging is not something I'm experienced with (I know I could use gdb or something).
Not a problem. I was just mentioning it in case you happened to be a developer. There are many ways to help an open source project that don't involve writing code, like reporting bugs and writing document.

Are you using one of the mupen64-amd64 releases when you experience this problem? Also, do you experience this problem with all graphics plugins? When you say fullscreen mode doesn't work for you, do you mean nothing happens at all when you click the fullscreen button, or one of the screens goes to fullscreen, but it's just a black screen, or something else? Does the problem only happen when using twin view? Try switching back to a single display config and see if fullscreen mode works. Thanks.

Surkow

After updating to a more recent version fullscreen seems to be working with all plugins (mupen64-amd64 - 32bit). It currently uses both of my screens. When changing back to a single screen it's working correctly. The only program that goes normally into fullscreen is a program called SMPlayer (Qt based).

Last edited: