What's new

help with ChankastAlpha025

lewserkim

can anybody helped me what am I doing wrong with this emulator.
i am stuck on this screen whenever i try to run the game mounted in Daemon.

problem.jpg

On the right side is the directory files that I have. you see ive downloaded all the bios and flash on it.
followed the guide and FAQ's on the manual but still wouldnt work.

can anyone enlighten me?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You wouldn't have an integrated graphics chip, most likely made by Intel, would you? If so, then there's not much you can do to make it work, as most Intel chips and other older video cards lack the necessary graphics features needed by Chankast.

That said, why are you using such an obsolete emulator anyway? Chankast has been long since surpassed by other emulators, namely nullDC and Demul. Supposedly they also work better with Intel chips, but don't be bummed out if they refuse to work as well. Dreamcast emulation in general doesn't like old cards nor Intel's offerings that much.

P.S. What game(s) are you trying to run?

Last edited:
OP
L

lewserkim

You wouldn't have an integrated graphics chip, most likely made by Intel, would you? If so, then there's not much you can do to make it work, as most Intel chips and other older video cards lack the necessary graphics features needed by Chankast.

-- i do. :(
thanks for enlightening me.

That said, why are you using such an obsolete emulator anyway? Chankast has been long since surpassed by other emulators, namely nullDC and Demul. Supposedly they also work better with Intel chips, but don't be bummed out if they refuse to work as well. Dreamcast emulation in general doesn't like old cards nor Intel's offerings that much.

-- i bumped into this website named ***** and i was trying to look for this power stone game which i really would like to play. can you suggest any emulator that has that game for both power stone 1 and 2?

P.S. What game(s) are you trying to run?

-- ive been looking for that forever and i got my hopes when i thought i was doing the right way with chankast. sadly i was expecting too much. :(

Last edited by a moderator: