What's new

glNintendo64() v0.3

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Lillymon said:
Weird problem: In glNintendo64() 0.3.2 beta, the use of fog seems to slow games down. This can range from a brief 20FPS dip to long periods below 5FPS.

This doesn't happen in glNintendo64() 0.3.1.

I've had problems with slow down in glNintendo64() 0.3.1. like that... but never checked to see if it was because of the fog.... well anyway the same problems I guesss occur in glNintendo64() 0.3.2.

Clements

I have no problems with the fog in Turok- constant 60fps with the limiter on and 90-110 with it off. Can anyone state which games with fog slow down?

Knuckles

my slow problem still happen , I know I have a crappy TNT2 :p and openGL 1.4 is not really supported and Geforce mode make the emu crashes. Anyway, I will buy a new Geforce4 ti4200 128MB 8X, so, It's will be ok ;)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
There's a fps limiter??? didn't even notice it :blush:

anyway take a look at this shot :phone: :happy:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I have no idea why this happens but the top of the picture is always missing, well, its only a little bit but still :p

Edit: I think the toolbar is covering up the top of the picture...

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
move a bit forward and their back again... ack, ghost walls :)

i'm using the v0.3.2 beta btw
16 bit color, geforce combine mode;

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Why the heck does that thing appear in the corner, it even does it on jabo's lol

Theres a problem with the Sun here, :) (Circled)

linker

Emutalk Member
Sayargh said:
Why the heck does that thing appear in the corner, it even does it on jabo's lol

Theres a problem with the Sun here, :) (Circled)

It is known that this is not a bug. One of the theories you can't see that on the real N64 is because of the crappy TV screen.

About the sun issue... Its not that easy to be solved... I remember that Jabo and Dave had to spare a lot of their time to correct that.

Last edited:

linker

Emutalk Member
scyther said:
my slow problem still happen , I know I have a crappy TNT2 :p and openGL 1.4 is not really supported and Geforce mode make the emu crashes. Anyway, I will buy a new Geforce4 ti4200 128MB 8X, so, It's will be ok ;)

Scyther, I think I've already told you that TNT2 and the new 40.x drivers (which include OpenGL 1.4) doesn't work well in opengl (tooo slow). I don't know if that'll work, but you can install 40.x, copy the nvopengl.dll, install 32.x and put it back in the system dir... now you have old drivers and new opengl dll. I'm not sure if that'll work but its worth a try.

zorbid

linker said:
It is known that this is not a bug. One of the theories you can't see that on the real N64 is because of the crappy TV screen.
In fact it doesn't appear on the tv screen at all. It's "displayed outside". To give you an idea, on the TV, the space between the top of the screen and the green and blue buttons is slightly smaller than the space between these buttons (I've just checked it).

Laahel

hello again

just tried version 3.2b

always crashes my pj64 on windows 2k
on windows 98 S this doesn't occurs, and the emu plays ok ...

no pb with 1964 on win2k :/

here is the error log generated by dr watson...

http://laahel.free.fr/div/error.txt

if it could help anyone....

or if anyone could help me ;p

thanks
( besides that, i'm very impressed by the plugin ;))