What's new

Gimme some explication about....

The Siskoo

On 1964, there are lot infos, could you explain me if they're usefull or useless and give me some explication for each one :

core : x %
video : x %
audio : x %
compiler : x %
idle : x %

Thanks

schibo

Emulator Developer
The Siskoo said:
On 1964, there are lot infos, could you explain me if they're usefull or useless and give me some explication for each one :

core : x %
video : x %
audio : x %
compiler : x %
idle : x %

Thanks

This is the profiler. What the individual percentages tell you is how much time was spent processing each part of emulation at the last time interval. The number represents a (rounded) fraction of the 100% total processing time. The purpose of this is to monitor performance to see where your bottlenecks are.

The core is primary N64 emulation (which, for the sake of brevity, is all the important stuff that 1964 does that the plugins and other various things don't do). So, for example, if you see core: 48% and video: 45% more time was spent in the core than in the video plugin. (about 3% more time). As another example, if you see audio at 4%, then 4% of that last time interval time was spent processing audio.

Most of the time in most games, the compiler number will be at 0%. When you see this number greater than 0, then 1964 is compiling code.

If you have the Speed Limit turned off, there is no idle, so this number will be 0%. If you have speed limit on, emulation will idle to keep sync if your machine is able to run the game over the speed limit. The Idle% number tells you how what percentage the time is spent idle.

When your statusbar is updated with new profiler data, a new time interval begins and the monitoring is repeated. At least, that's how it's done now in 0.9.9 which is an improvement :).

Last edited:
OP
The Siskoo

The Siskoo

schibo said:
This is the profiler. What the individual percentages tell you is how much time was spent processing each part of emulation at the last time interval. The number represents a (rounded) fraction of the 100% total processing time. The purpose of this is to monitor performance to see where your bottlenecks are.

The core is primary N64 emulation (which, for the sake of brevity, is all the important stuff that 1964 does that the plugins and other various things don't do). So, for example, if you see core: 48% and video: 45% more time was spent in the core than in the video plugin. (about 3% more time). As another example, if you see audio at 4%, then 4% of that last time interval time was spent processing audio.

Most of the time in most games, the compiler number will be at 0%. When you see this number greater than 0, then 1964 is compiling code.

If you have the Speed Limit turned off, there is no idle, so this number will be 0%. If you have speed limit on, emulation will idle to keep sync if your machine is able to run the game over the speed limit. The Idle% number tells you how what percentage of the time is spent idling.

When your statusbar is updated with new profiler data, a new time interval begins and the monitoring is repeated. At least, that's how it's done now in 0.9.9 which is an improvement :).

Ok, very thanks for this explication.

If i understand we can compare with a processor and a graphics cards. If the functions on the Graphics cards is not implemented, then the processor works for him.

Then, we need a good plugin to help the emulator !!!

schibo

Emulator Developer
The Siskoo said:
Ok, very thanks for this explication.

If i understand we can compare with a processor and a graphics cards. If the functions on the Graphics cards is not implemented, then the processor works for him.

Then, we need a good plugin to help the emulator !!!

This is almost correct, but maybe I can be a little more clear about explaining these percentages by talking about the video% number. The video% number is not a measure of your graphics card's performace. It is a measure of video emulation. In other words, a graphics plugin always needs your computer's chip and your graphics card to process N64 graphics. The video% number does not only tell you how much time the graphics card is using. It tells you how much time the graphics plugin is doing all of its work.

Last edited:
OP
The Siskoo

The Siskoo

schibo said:
This is almost correct, but I will be a little more clear by giving an example of the video% number. This number is not a measure of your graphics card's performace. It is a measure of video emulation. In other words, a graphics plugin always needs your computer's chip and your graphics card to process N64 graphics. The video% number does not only tell you how much time the graphics card is using. It tells you how much time the graphics plugin is doing all of its work.

Yes i understood that. I just made a parallel emulator/plugin and processor/graphics cards.

But your explication is very interesting. thanks again. I like learning...

schibo

Emulator Developer
The Siskoo said:
Yes i understood that. I just made a parallel emulator/plugin and processor/graphics cards.

But your explication is very interesting. thanks again. I like learning...

:D