What's new

Crashing on Vista

xAntx

I just got Vista, downloaded Project64 Version 1.6, and installed Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10. It runs fine, everything loads properly, but whenever I reset it says "Project64.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I didn't think much of it, I just figured I can't reset anymore. So, I went on playing a few matches in WWF No Mercy (I run an N64-based efed.) A couple of matches went down fine. On the third or fourth, in the middle of it, I got that same error. Has this been known to happen, and is there a solution? Any help is good help, thanks in advance.

D

Desert Drifter

Must be a Vista thing, maybe the PC is running too fast and crashes when "suddenly" stopped. Try clicking "End Emulation" instead and reload. Might work better but should be able to use the Reset option. :p

EDit: If it's doing this in middle of gameplay, don't know what to say, maybe Vista is anti-PJ64. :p Try Limiting FPS, if you don't have it on already, slows it down to normal speed on fast PCs...

Last edited:
OP
X

xAntx

Limit FPS is already on. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've seen other people run PJ64 on Vista.

D

Desert Drifter

Like I said: "Try clicking "End Emulation" instead and reload the game." Could be anything, it might be just Vista not wanting to work with PJ64 right. I remember running a game on Win98 that worked perfectly and once I got a "Not responding" error and shut it off, always got the same error ever since until I formatted the drive later down the line...