What's new

Can't get mupen64 to work on linux.

Surreal Killa

[SOLVED] Can't get Mupen64 to work on linux.

When I run Mupen64 the GUI opens and I select the ROM I want to use and click play and a new window pops up but it's just black. Anyone know why this is?

Installing libstdc++5 fixed the issue.

Last edited:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Huh, seems to be an issue lately. Is Mupen64-amd64 effected by this, or does it not need libstdc++5? (I'd figure if anything it'd need libstdc++6 if compiled with the latest, but i never actually investigated why either would end up being linked. I'd guess G++ would be like GCC -lstdc++6)

OP
S

Surreal Killa

Well I had libstdc++6 installed and it wouldn't work, and after installing libstdc++5 it worked. I just had a clean install of Ubuntu and tried again, same results. Without libstdc++5 I just get a black screen.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Well I had libstdc++6 installed and it wouldn't work, and after installing libstdc++5 it worked. I just had a clean install of Ubuntu and tried again, same results. Without libstdc++5 I just get a black screen.

That is kind of strange. I presume you're using RiceVideo? Can you post the console output of 'ldd ./plugins/ricevideo.so'? On my desktop PC it's linking against libstdc++.so.6 and works fine.

X-Fi6

Are you using the Dynamic Recompiler? It's not working for Windows users so it's probably not working for you either without libstdc++5.

With Dynamic Recompiler on Windows you just get a black screen when you run a ROM, same as what you're having.