What's new

Banjo Tooie Problem

Fishead93

Ive been playing banjo tooie for a little bit and when i reached the plataue and got the fire eggs, i went to shoot the switch to open the gate but, the gate did not open. Is there something wrong with the emulator or the rom ( [!]) or do i have to do something before i can get through the gate.

Toasty

Sony battery
This is a known bug in version 0.9.9 of 1964. Version 0.8.5 will get you through that part (and the rest of the game, as there are a few other places where the collision bug manifests itself throughout the game).

OP
F

Fishead93

ok..... so ive downloaded 0.8.5 now how do i get my x-box 360 controller to work on this version. it worked on the 0.9.9 version? also when i loaded the game, instead of seeing the normal intro, it shows a strange pool of water. i tried changing video plugins but it doesnt work.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Are you using the same plugins as you used with version 0.9.9? (If not, you can just copy them from 0.9.9's plugin folder to 0.8.5's plugin folder.)

OP
F

Fishead93

ok ive got the controller to work and i copied all the plugins from 0.9.9 and set them, but when i loaded the rom it stilled showed the same pool of water. i tried the austraillian and europeon versions and they did the same exact thing.

Toasty

Sony battery
What graphics plugin and graphics card are you using?

Some time ago ScottJC and 4real put together a great FAQ for running this game. It appears to be offline ATM, but you could look through the thread about it for some ideas on how to get it working right.