What's new

Awful performance in Glide64 Napalm (or any Glide64 version)

Alan!

too cynical to speak
Asking this here because the Glide64 forum on EmuXHaven is pretty dead.

Anyway, I get terrible frame rates when playing ANY game with Glide64. I'm talking 15-20 FPS. What's weird is that even if the game is more complex graphically, my frame rate doesn't worsen. Mario 64? 15 - 20 FPS. Perfect Dark? 15 - 20 FPS.

The funny thing is, this never happened before I upgraded to Glide64 Napalm. I tried going back to the version I was using before (Wonder++) but that didn't do anything. I also tried using the lowest graphical settings on Glide64 and that didn't earn me even one more FPS.

I am using the latest Glitch64 Wrapper. Here are my specs.

NVidia GeForce 7600 GO
AMD Turion X2 TL-56 1.8GHZ
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
Project 64 1.6

Oh and the weirdest thing? If I go back to Jabo 1.6 for about an hour and then switch back to Glide64, everything's fine. WTF?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Try to change the framebuffer settings, they have great impact on the performance.
And the Glide forum on EmuXHaven isn't dead, it just seems, nearly nobody has problems with it! ;)

Legend

Asking this here because the Glide64 forum on EmuXHaven is pretty dead.

Anyway, I get terrible frame rates when playing ANY game with Glide64. I'm talking 15-20 FPS. What's weird is that even if the game is more complex graphically, my frame rate doesn't worsen. Mario 64? 15 - 20 FPS. Perfect Dark? 15 - 20 FPS.

The funny thing is, this never happened before I upgraded to Glide64 Napalm. I tried going back to the version I was using before (Wonder++) but that didn't do anything. I also tried using the lowest graphical settings on Glide64 and that didn't earn me even one more FPS.

I am using the latest Glitch64 Wrapper. Here are my specs.

NVidia GeForce 7600 GO
AMD Turion X2 TL-56 1.8GHZ
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
Project 64 1.6

Oh and the weirdest thing? If I go back to Jabo 1.6 for about an hour and then switch back to Glide64, everything's fine. WTF?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yeah, something weird is going on with your setup. I dont' know what. You should have perfect performance with your machine. And the forums over there, yes, appear dead but if you ask a question, it will get answered. Pose this over there as well. And as MasterPW suggested, play around with the settings. Get to the most minmal settings and the work you're way up - find the culprit.

Legend

Also search your computer for maybe an old wrapper - "glide3x.dll". Make sure the only one you have on your hard drive is the newest one and in your emu folder.

It could be some weird setting in the Nvida panel that it doesn't like either.