What's new

An interesting article on Programming (short)

Cyberman

I found this article today and it brought into perspective how ungrateful many people are and also ignorant of the hard work it requires to make good software.

Many people make light of the hard work that goes into making software by ignoring just how much software is in use. Even a battery operated tooth brush operates from a micro-controller these days.

Anyhow a bit of perspective I generally 'beat' hard on not making mistakes not bugging my programs (heh), so I complain about 'bad software' a lot.

However their is a lot of good software, and without it a lot of what we have today wouldn't exist at all.

Cyb

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah. It's funny how much technology has changed our perception of time and fed our insatiable appetite for instant gratification. Thirty years ago where was home video? Twenty years ago where was digital video? Ten years ago where was YouTube? And now some people go cuckoo when one of their favorite subscriptions goes a day without posting a new video. And of course, countless man-hours have gone into the development of the technology and software that makes all of that work. Good to step back and reflect on just how dramatically the world has changed (and continues to change) in such a short time.