What's new

100 ways to rip a GC-ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferramenta

Seeing how more and more people ask how to rip GC-ISOs off the discs, people started to invent crazy methods to do this. Please feel free to add some (I tried to find another thread in which some dude suggested to ejaculate on the DVD-drive's laser along with some other VERY disturbing methods, but I couldn't find it anymore)...

thakis: It's actually quite simple. You probably know that gc disks are optical mediums (this means that they are read and written by optical devices - lasers) and hard disks are magnetic mediums (they are written and read by magnetic heads inside the hard disk case). Unforunately, game cube disks can't be read by any device that pc's support, so you have to do it yourself: Get a good microscope (I use a Digital QX5 - http://www.compuvisor.com/qx5diblmicom.html ), and take a look at the data stored at the gc disk. Then unscrew you hard disk case, take a small magnet, and copy this pattern on your hard disk. Note that hard disk are very sensitive to dust, so be sure to clean your room before you do that. Normally I can't memorize all the data at once, so I draw some sketches of the data on paper before I do the copying.

Unfortunatly, this is the only way to do that (as documented in other posts in this forum). But it works, as proven by the fact that gc roms exist on the web.
========================================================
methodofman: I own a blockbuster in mississauga and I would like to keep all of our games on a backup on our pc. But I do not have a dvd drive installed in any of my computers so I cannot read the gamecube files. Before I resort to purchasing a dvd drive I would like to know if any of you know where I could possible aquire some gamecube ISO's.

Thankyou I appreciate all of the help.
coolcono: Well if you own a blockbuster, you should have gamecube games. Then all you need to do is put them in upside down in your cd rom drive. Then automatically it should download directly to your computer.
methodofman: I Will Try Doing That And I'll Update On How It Went.

--UPDATE--

Thanks for the help but that did not work.

Note: If it matters I tried on pikmin 2 and custom robo.
Seems like someone read method 2...
sddraguta: I just read that putting the game cube game upside down in a "CD-Rom!!!"
driver upside down will copy it? like the laiser world go throw the label i just no a conform before i rent it lol
DOGG: It's that stupid barcode which is preventing your drive from reading it. Scratch it off with a coin or screw driver

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Use a magnet on a hard drive eh... that's a pretty stupid idea... while we're at it lets operate our televisions in a bathtub filled with water ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.