What's new

N64 Glide Plugin Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave2001

No, i haven't done mirroring manually... but this gives me an idea...

if on a voodoo1 that doesn't support mirroring, i mirror once and set to wrap, it would emulate the effect of mirroring. I'll try this soon & we'll see how it turns out.

(since i have the ability to manually mirror by enlarging the texture already anyway, for other purposes)

The only limitation to this is that the texture must be <= 128 in size, but I don't think too many things > 128 mirror.

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Thanks BatBoy! Pretty good shots. Could you also made shots in Hyrule Field, e.g. from intro? I think castle and forest behind it should be slightly fogged.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
as I expected, everything in Hyrule Field is fogged. Thanks, it will help me. Can you do shots from WaveRace or Mario64?

gokuss4

Meh...
Gonetz said:
as I expected, everything in Hyrule Field is fogged. Thanks, it will help me. Can you do shots from WaveRace or Mario64?

Gonetz that is how it is suppose to look unless you mean something else... i have zelda oot right now. i did check and its perfect! :D

Reznor007

Dave2001 said:
erm... there already is the ability to force bilinear or point-sampled.

About the auto, i will implement it soon (i almost did a while ago). I don't think this option would do quite as you'd expect... the only things i can see it might be disabled for are things such as the lens of truth (so that it can correctly cut the image without blending). (i have tested a few things and not once seen the filter mode change)

Another example is the text and status(coins, etc.) displays in Mario64. They are not filtered on the real system(would be too blurry), while the rest of the frame is.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Gonetz: you don't have to trouble peeps ;) just get on irc and i'll take pics of everything you need :) we are more or less in the same time zone, so if you get on IRC when i get home from work everyday (18:00 - 22:00) i can take any pic you need.

Dave2001

Hehe, Voodoo 1 support finally added :). It was 5 lines of code long, since the new texture code would mirror the texture to its full size automatically.

Here's a screenshot from a voodoo1 simulation (single tmu, no mirroring allowed)

Also, single-tmu support is much better now than it was before, so that's good news for Voodoo1 AND Banshee users.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
is voodoo 1 as compatible as the others for glide64 now, cos i can pick on up for like £5...(voodoo 2's are really hard to get now - but if i find one ill get one instead, other than on ebay).

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
sk8bloke22 said:
is voodoo 1 as compatible as the others for glide64 now, cos i can pick on up for like £5...(voodoo 2's are really hard to get now - but if i find one ill get one instead, other than on ebay).

yes, but Voodoo 1 Doesn't Support Texture Mirroring... Well, it sorta does now, i think... Hm ???

Dave2001

sk8bloke22 said:

No, Voodoo 1 is definately NOT as compatible as the others. The problem with the Voodoo 1 and Voodoo Banshee is that they have a single TMU and do not support multi-texturing. This means the ground in zelda will be missing it's detail, the sky will instantly change from night to day instead of smoothly changing, the flames will be pure yellow, in Majora's Mask the jungle will be a green gradient with no trees, and the bell tower will be made of stone instead of brick. If you don't mind these things, your Zelda will look like this:

LD.

*poke*
Admittedly the difference between the first pic and the second is pretty big... but it still looks better than I can get from Jabo's :D

Would Link's clothes also be white like they are in Jabo's on my SiS card, or is your code done differently so that running out of texture memory isn't a problem?

Dave2001

Nope, they would work just fine. And also, no, running out of texture memory is not a problem. (you can never run out, it'll just refresh the cache & start all over)

Status
Not open for further replies.