What's new

Megaman 64 gives black screen when entering building

boilman

in megaman 64, i could always enter buildings normally. but now, when i enter the one right after roll crushes the fence with her car, i get a black screen instead. i also had this problem right in the room before, but then i just had to reload the savefile to make it work. how can i solve this problem? the emulator itself doesn't seem to know the game isn't working, so it doesn't just stop the ROM.

Project64 version: 1.6
al drivers up to date and my cards shouldnt be a problem.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Check if your ROM is a good ROM using, GoodN64 and GoodWindows. Also you should provide your specs, that way we can help you in a better way

OP
B

boilman

i know he says, but i meant, do i have to use the programs he mentioned to CHECK if it's a good ROM, or must i check if the ROm is using those programs, and is thus a good ROM?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, you have to use those programs to check if ROM you have is a good dump.

Coredo

Nolife
A bad ROM dump has probably 0.01% chance of being the case in crashes. -_- It's funny people always suggest it first.

I've had my game crash in that very spot before, I suggest you just to try again. It worked for me.

Last edited:
OP
B

boilman

i tried it, like what? 20 times? it shows the cut-scene, but nothing after that, just black. it DID work the time before, when you enter Cardon Forest and have to hide behind the car all the time, it did the same, only then it worked after restarting.

[edit] okay, so after the 21 tim trying, it worked. thanks for trying to help me all of you!

Last edited:

Another N00b

Well, I have exactly the same problem and I tried it 30 times... it doesn't work! I've even tried to download and use another ROM. Wth is this? -.-
Guess nobody can/will help me anyway, so... I just wonder what the problem is.

Another N00b

OMG, I used savestates all the time, no wonder it didn't work... xD

Thank you so much! Now i can continue playing with all the stuff i had before :D

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Never rely solely on savestates. This goes for all emulators regardless of the consoles they emulate.

Last edited:

Decoy71

uh saving directly from the game doesn't seem to work on version 1.6....but if u play on 1.4 the walls are black.........hard decision........