What's new

emulators and vista

urso

I just asked about n64 ones in that forum, but has anyone tested the following?
MAME, ZSNES, nestopia, bgb, visualboy advance, ssf, GENS, magic engine, mekaw

thats quite a list I know, but this is going to be a big issue in the next year...

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
stuff i've tested, zsnes, kega fusion (much better than gens), visualboyadvance, epsxe, project64... they all work perfectly for me.

OP
U

urso

thanks for that- what about 1964- does that work? (since its no longer being updated, I guess if it doesn't work, theres no chance of it being fixed)

- also ssf, which is my favorite saturn emulator (don't want to be posting this topic all over the place, best to get them all dealt with here)

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Of course it does, 1964 just runs the core; If something doesn't work in vista why should that matter, just run multi-boot with XP and use it to run all the old crap that refuses to be updated. Vista requires a meaty system to run anyway so unless you've got a system close to as powerful as mine its not worth it. Never used ssf and don't have a clue when it comes to saturn emulation anyway so i'm not going to investigate.. if you really wanna know grab vista for yourself and try, save us the effort of answering endless compatibility questions (get enough of those in the other thread, what are we the dedicated Vista testers??)

Oh yeah and before I go, Vista is not even finished yet, so even if it doesn't work now it might or will when it goes retail - Vista's base kernal has a lot in common with XP so I would not be suprised if the final build has near 100% compatibility with pretty much everything XP is compatible with. If it doesn't work with your stuff then just stay on XP until it does.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ScottJC said:
(get enough of those in the other thread, what are we the dedicated Vista testers??)
Maybe because we're among the few who runs Vista every day :p
Vista can be run if you have a healthy amount of memory. 1 GB for decent performance and 1 GB+ for good performance. A fast HDD helps too.